What's new

F.O.C.S. Fiends

Look forward to your impressions.

Okay, shaved with the Fatip lo Storto Testina Gentile this morning. Here was my set-up:

Pre-shave: Musgo Glyce Lime soap
Blade: Nacet (first use)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Palmolive
Aftershave: Alum block, Cremo Balm and Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

The shave: This was my first shave ever with a slant razor. So, I had a bit of residual irritation on my neck from yesterday's shave. No issues with blade alignment.

Everything felt good, except a bite on my chin, which was totally on me, as I had a moment of inattention. It did not feel overly aggressive, though efficient. Overall, I liked the shave, though I still need some practice to get the right angle to get the best out of this razor.

I plan on using this daily for awhile.

Sunday July 11

Razor: Fatip lo Storto Originale
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1)
Brush: Semogue 820
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean

IMG-2951.jpg

I’ve been away for roughly a year using a Feather ASD1 for the last fortnight. This morning I went back to the FOCS with a GSB, Proraso green cream, and a well broken in Zenith boar. To be honest the FOCS wipes the floor with the ASD1 which has now been cleaned and packed away. Will start on 365 shaves with the FOCS from tomorrow.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'm impressed. It shaves like a razor with a bigger price tag. I found the shave very, very mild (Original model) so I simply trimmed the edges off an old blade and shimmed it. Success! Still a mild and comfy shaver, but just enough less mild to make me pay attention.

I will have to look at the line more carefully -- brass razors are groovy and people who make them should be supported. I am trying to find some rod stock to make a different handle for mine. I haven't made all the rounds yet but it seems like the grand old metal recycling yards I remember in other places don't exist here. I'm fine with aluminum just to work it out, but I'd like brass -- or bronze! The stock handle is about one finger-width too short for my comfort.

The FOCS will stay out for a while. It's also a dandy little number for cleaning up around the edges after using a barber straight.

O.H.

Oh good fellows and fiends of the FOCS. I have just got my first FOCS and wonder if you could impart your wisdom on me for its inaugural use shortly.
I intend to use Proraso pre-shave, Speick soap, and a German Wilkinson Sword blade. - The blade agrees with me when I use my EJ89 or Old Type.
I have read FOCS's benefit from a step angle. Any other tips or suggestions?

Today I received the beautiful light handle PIF’ed to me by Cal, and made by Rosseforp. As soon as the postman came I fixed it to my FOCS and shaved. As always the shave was an 8/10. I found the razor to be a lot more manoeuvrable, almost like a travel version of the FOCS with more audio feedback due to the hollow handle. It will take me a few shaves to dial in. I plan to use it exclusively in Slantember, then onwards into 2022. The tub of cream in the PIF was a nice touch.👍

Reactions: Cal
In this YMMV world, I have to disagree with @wibbleandstrop23 (especially as I'm a SASA member). :wink2:

I'm a "geofatboy" fan and would recommend that you go to 7.00 minutes on the video below and follow his instructions (he's using a Fatip Grande, but the same shaving rules apply IMO):

A very timely reminder I needed, thanks Cal.
Geofatboy makes everything look so easy!

Reactions: Cal
A very timely reminder I needed, thanks Cal.
Geofatboy makes everything look so easy!
Right, for the first shave with a new razor that was... excellent.
In the end the angle was 'standard' for me, which is more like how Geofatboy does it. I really like how the comb is so rounded. It helps the razor to glide nicely.
It was as close as my Old Type, without feeling like I could get bitten at any moment. BBS nearly everywhere except for a couple of neck spots which I choose to experiment with another day 😁.
So a really nice smooth shave. Probably a little too efficient for a daily driver, but I have a tech on the way to fill that gap.
(I might have mentioned elsewhere I have a RAD problem)

Curious about slants and seem to be a few converts on here. Lil bit of research later and got the storto originale on the way - excited!

Are you guys still driving yours daily?

Curious about slants and seem to be a few converts on here. Lil bit of research later and got the storto originale on the way - excited!

Are you guys still driving yours daily?

I think that you've made a fantastic choice with the FOCS! 😍

I've been using mine daily since I got it (today was my 571st consecutive use) and it's the best-performing razor that I've owned. The FOCS delivers excellent results with almost any blade, even ones that are regarded as sub-par, due to a fine balance between efficiency and comfort.

Let us know how you like it when you get a few shaves under your belt! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom