What's new

F.O.C.S. Fiends

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Curious about slants and seem to be a few converts on here. Lil bit of research later and got the storto originale on the way - excited!

Are you guys still driving yours daily?
Not my daily driver, but it's an excellent razor.

I think that you've made a fantastic choice with the FOCS! 😍

I've been using mine daily since I got it (today was my 571st consecutive use) and it's the best-performing razor that I've owned. The FOCS delivers excellent results with almost any blade, even ones that are regarded as sub-par, due to a fine balance between efficiency and comfort.

Let us know how you like it when you get a few shaves under your belt! :thumbup1:
Nice. Got a load of old beginner blades I haven’t used as I quickly realised I prefer sharper blades so will be good to get through them.

Will keep you posted. 🙂

Had my first shave with it today. It was a good but not great shave.

I think this was down to two things:
1) first use so haven’t adapted to it yet
2) my lather was too thin. Think it needs a thicker lather than I used and do use with closed combs

The comb was gripping my face a bit, especially around the contours around my neck. Probs driven by both of the above.

Will endeavour to improve tomorrow.

Since that ^ post I’ve been using this razor a lot. Every time I try something else in my collection it’s a disappointment. Nothing is as efficient or as gentle as this in my hand.

Is there anything else like this out there? Thinking of swapping out my tech I use for travel/gym for something similar as it’s so damn good.

Since that ^ post I’ve been using this razor a lot. Every time I try something else in my collection it’s a disappointment. Nothing is as efficient or as gentle as this in my hand.

Is there anything else like this out there? Thinking of swapping out my tech I use for travel/gym for something similar as it’s so damn good.
There is a Piccolo version now.

There's another razor in the Fatip family which is branded as Schone. It resembles the standard Fatip OC such as the Grande, but seems to shave a bit smoother. I like it at least as much as the FOCS. No longer available new as far as I know, though you can get them second-hand. The same razor (more or less) is available under the Boker brand, but it is more expensive for no good reason.

1648762761404.png
1648762961062.png

First shave with the FOCS piccolo and first shave with a soap. Until now I had only used shaving cream. Ordered the Ach Brito Musgo and I´m glad I did. I´m in Portugal and always liked the Ach Brito products, their regular soaps are excellent and this soap is too. I was going to use a mild blade like a Derby, but decided to use the BIC chrome platinum instead. I can only describe the shave as effortless for lack of a better word. I had three days of growth and did a three pass shave WTG, XTG and ATG with no cuts, nicks or weepers, resulting in BBS shave. It feels very mild but efficient. I have the OC piccolo that I like, but somehow the FOCS weight and handle seem perfect to me, nice balance and not slippery.
rsz_img_20220419_183735.jpg

I have a question for you-all. I have found this razor on a site, but I see that it is about a third less weight than my 39C. I really like heavier razors. I am worried that this razor may be too light for my taste. Also, I don't think there is any way to make it heavier......?...

Thanks.
I stuck a 7mm brass rod in butt

Weight gain (68g->87g)
The center of gravity is more beautiful

Overall very nice

GridArt_20220518_211934990.jpg

That is interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I have seen various threads where members have put "things" in razor handles to make them heavier. I have made longer and heavier handles myself but I didn't know if I was that invested in this razor.........Makes me wonder though..... :thumbup:

After finally gotten through shaving with all my razors, I was about to start a new cycle of shaving with the same razor for a week, starting with my first DE and then following the order of aquisition, but since I contracted covid and I´m home isolated for the week, I decided to try a blade that was given to me my barber. I decided to break the razor order, beause quite honestly, I missed my F.OC.S. piccolo. The last razor I used was the Yaqi slant and I wanted a mild razor to try it in.

I was given a few Treet Platinum blades when I got my last haircut to try. My barber even offered to buy some for me when his supplier came around. The price was ridiculous, something like €9 for 200. Since they were so cheap, I figured they must be rubbish and almost forgot about them.

I must say I was surprised by the Treet Platinum. It was sharp and gave a very close shave even with three days of stubble. I just did my second shave and had a very good shave again, not as good as the BIC CP, but better the the Lords and Dorcos I´ve tried.

I don´t think I´ll buy 200 or even 100, but if he wants to sell 50, I can see using them in rotation with other blades. Maybe I´ll even give some to friends.

I don´t know how it´ll do in the other razors, but in the F.O.C.S, it´s approved. Just goes to show you can´t judge a blade by the price.

My FOCS & FCCS
P_20220601_161459.jpg

FOCS started late
FCCS surprised me so I got FOCS

After using it for a while, FOCS is the smoothest and most efficient in my opinion.
FOCS has more blade feeling.
In the upper lip area, the two are equally efficient, but the FCCS is very smooth, but in the corner of the chin, the FOCS is much more efficient.

Excellent first shave this morning with my new FOCS, near BBS with an Astra SP blade. I have had other slants for several years (37C, ikon B1, Parker) and I believe this Fatip is more comfortable as well as more efficient at the same time. Gave me a very comfortable shave; excellent post-shave feel.

Took a bit of fiddling to get an even blade exposure but I sometimes have the same problem with my 37C. I wish the fit and finish was a bit better but I'm actually ok with it for a $40 brass razor. I would pay more for this same razor with better fit and finish.

20220622_061349.jpg

Top Bottom