What's new

F.O.C.S. Fiends

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This new club is for the distinguished gentlemen who have found the Holy Grail of shaving: the Fatip Lo Storto Open Comb Slant (also known as the FOCS).

This is a place that FOCS fans can continue the ongoing dialogue about one of the best razors on earth. Feel free to post pictures, tell stories, ask questions, or simply check in to let the world know that you used the magestic FOCS today.

wp34a07c4f_05_06.jpg

Last edited:
Tried a German Wilkinson Sword in the 🦊 and it did well. So far the only bad one has been the Dorco Prime. I have a tuck of Dorco Plats I will try.

My go-to are still Shark Plats and Astra SP.

Feathers were harsh as they typically are for me .... but talk about effortless....

I'm in. I might try some other slants at some point since this is the only slant I have ever tried, but it beats most of my other razors on efficiency combined with smoothness. I love the open comb look just need a gold FOCS :001_wub: On more rare occasions these days I still enjoy techs, super speeds and my SE gems.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I'm in. I might try some other slants at some point since this is the only slant I have ever tried, but it beats most of my other razors on efficiency combined with smoothness. I love the open comb look just need a gold FOCS :001_wub: On more rare occasions these days I still enjoy techs, super speeds and my SE gems.
Having tried a bunch of slants myself, the Focs is very, very special. No other slant provides that level of closeness tied to so much comfort. A couple like the Wunderbar are closer, yes, but at the sacrifice of much comfort.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slantember Shave #4 20200910
shave 20200910.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Cologne: Shades Of Blue For Men EdT Spray (Belcam Version Of Light Blue Pour Homme)

WTG,ATG,XTG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The FOCS Rocks! 😎

Outstanding shave! :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🇺🇸 9/11/2001 Never Forget 🇺🇸

shave 20200911.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Rooney Butterscotch Badger
Lather: Speick Stick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman VIBR
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Tried the FOCS today with the blade aligned to the cap. Used a more neutral angle than I normally use with the FOCS. The result? Smooth as silk, still efficient and effective. The FOCS is proving itself to be very adaptable and flexible. If I want to go steep, align to the plate and go steep. If I want to go neutral, align to the cap and go neutral. Both methods seem to work just fine. :cool:

Really nice shave! :)

Used the Wilkinson Sword blade again tonight, it was definitely on its way out. Will toss it before shaving again. Only 4 good shaves where a Shark Platinum or Astra SP gives 6 or more.

Still a great shave, had to buff a little in a few places but as we all know, the 🦊 is so easy to buff with.

Used Mitchells WF soap with Nivea afterward.

Definitely plan to let the Game Changer 68 P and JAWS go, it’s not even a race compared to the Fatip.

Top Bottom