What's new

F.O.C.S. Fiends

Getting even blade exposure at the cap is a mistake (for the FOCS and many other slant razors), Big_T. Check out the text below the third pic in THIS POST.
Ah this was really helpful - thank you! I have just received my new FOCS today and had my first shave with it. Even despite aligning it incorrectly it gave a very good shave. I’m looking forward to using it again with the proper alignment.

Ah this was really helpful - thank you! I have just received my new FOCS today and had my first shave with it. Even despite aligning it incorrectly it gave a very good shave. I’m looking forward to using it again with the proper alignment.
Which one did you get? Gold or chrome, piccolo or grande handle?

I just purchased a FOCS today. Even though I normally shave with a single edge razor, MMOC using an injector blade, I have experience with the Merkur 37C and the Fattip standard open comb. I don't use the Fattip OC much as I prefer the "Gillette NEW". I have great hopes for the FOCS, since I've wanted one since they were first announced and were not even actually being sold.

I got one from Maggard's. Great little razor IMO that performs well above it's modest price point. This razor does pretty well for me in efficiency despite being relatively mild.

Nice looking, works well, fun to shave with...what's not to like?

I'm in, here's why. I'll be 71 in a couple of months, and had cataract surgery a couple years ago, so now I can't see up close. Couple that with the fact that I view shaving as a chore, so I'm always in a hurry, and my skin seems thinner nowadays. Also, since I'm retired now, I go three or sometimes 4 days between shaves. All these things combined, I've been a bloody mess. Dammit, I need 4 days sometimes for the cuts to heal. I cut myself with a Rockwell 6s, which I think is terrible on several days growth. I cut myself with RR Gamechanger, all 4 plates, and I really need an open comb for first pass. Been lurking here for a couple years, and just joined a few days ago to share my "Eureka" moment. From all the love here, I got a FOCS a couple weeks ago. Gold. Connaught Shaving in UK. I live in California, and it was cheaper to get it delivered from UK, no tax, and they had plenty of them in stock. 4 shaves, no blood, or cuts. BBS. WOW! I ordered 3 more as gifts and a spare for me. Have to wait about a month to get them. I was thinking, maybe it's the short handle, the lightweight, the natural angle for me, or whatever. It works. I don't know how to cut and paste, any advice for this old cowboy on how to get FOCS in my is signature?

I'm in, here's why. I'll be 71 in a couple of months, and had cataract surgery a couple years ago, so now I can't see up close. Couple that with the fact that I view shaving as a chore, so I'm always in a hurry, and my skin seems thinner nowadays. Also, since I'm retired now, I go three or sometimes 4 days between shaves. All these things combined, I've been a bloody mess. Dammit, I need 4 days sometimes for the cuts to heal. I cut myself with a Rockwell 6s, which I think is terrible on several days growth. I cut myself with RR Gamechanger, all 4 plates, and I really need an open comb for first pass. Been lurking here for a couple years, and just joined a few days ago to share my "Eureka" moment. From all the love here, I got a FOCS a couple weeks ago. Gold. Connaught Shaving in UK. I live in California, and it was cheaper to get it delivered from UK, no tax, and they had plenty of them in stock. 4 shaves, no blood, or cuts. BBS. WOW! I ordered 3 more as gifts and a spare for me. Have to wait about a month to get them. I was thinking, maybe it's the short handle, the lightweight, the natural angle for me, or whatever. It works. I don't know how to cut and paste, any advice for this old cowboy on how to get FOCS in my is signature?

Hi Hopalong! Welcome to the club! :thumbup1:

If you'd like to add F.O.C.S. Fiends to your signature, there are only three steps:

1) Scroll to the top of the page and click your name
2) On the menu that appears, click 'Signature'
3) Type your desired words in the box and click 'Save'

That's it! 😃

Hi Hopalong! Welcome to the club! :thumbup1:

If you'd like to add F.O.C.S. Fiends to your signature, there are only three steps:

1) Scroll to the top of the page and click your name
2) On the menu that appears, click 'Signature'
3) Type your desired words in the box and click 'Save'

That's it! 😃
Thanks. Upon further review, apparently I don't qualify for a signature; not sure why.

Tuesday's shave -

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto (slant), testina originale (original head/open comb), grande handle -- FOCS
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (USA)
Lather: Hempz shave gel
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool

I applied the shave gel by hand and made sure it stayed hydrated enough using a fingertip sprayer. The result was a basically effortless and irritation-free shave. The FOCS is a really good razor for me that I enjoy using!

Razor: FOCS Testina originale
Blade: GSB
Brush: VDH badger brush
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
AS: Nivea sensitive balm
2A408850-4207-4A6B-BFE2-F34E164EACBD.jpeg

Thursday's shave -

Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Personna USA (2nd use)
Pre-shave: Cella pre-shave gel
Lather: Cella (red)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool balm

Nice shave today 👍

Thursday's shave -

Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Personna USA (2nd use)
Pre-shave: Cella pre-shave gel
Lather: Cella (red)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool balm

Nice shave today 👍
I had the same shave yesterday. FOCS and a Lab Blue, third.
4 day beard, efficient, smooth, I can’t see, and I’m in a hurry because shaving is such a chore.
FOCS to the rescue, the right tool for the job.

The FOCS seems like it will welcome blades that are a notch or two down on the performance scale. The Minora blade is well regarded by some, and it performed admirably well in the FOCS.

Shave #2 with a Minora Stainless in FOCS. A luxury. There were times there was no blade feel at all. Just pure cutting. I am now a convert of open combs. The extra lubrication all the way to the blade is amazing.

Top Bottom