What's new

Do you shave in peace and quiet or with music/radio/tv in the background?

I listen to nothing but the slicing of facial hair. However, I just ordered a new Bluetooth speaker so hopefully that will change.

I'm a silent shaver. Usually one of the cats snuck into the bathroom as I was getting ready, so I'll talk to the cat if I get bored. He likes to sniff the lather and try to figure out why I'm playing in the water. Many times I end up humming some old church hymn or some other song that got stuck in my head. I'm not much of a music listener in the first place, so the idea of listening while shaving seems very distracting to me. I already have a hard enough time with losing focus and nicking myself.

Just the sound of the whiskers being cut. Anything else degrades the whole experience for me. It's a peaceful, serene, start to the day.

I either shave in silence or listen to Ricky Gervais podcasts (though it's a little dangerous shaving when you're creasing up in hysterics).

I use a small bluetooth speaker and my phone to stream some music in the bathroom.
Since I am in Texas, I play a little country music.
Some Chris Stapleton, Aaron Watson, and Granger Smith on rotation during my shaves.

PS..and yes I do sing while I shave... I think my wife giggles when she hears me in there...

Quiet. The sound of my razor "singing" is critical in determining how my shave is progressing. Can't hear the razor with music playing or my fiancé yapping.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

I kill the fan to hear a whisker swoosh solo. Not quite Itzhak Perlman on his Stradivarius, but it certainly will do. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown $Itzhak Perlman .jpg

One of the reasons i turned to shaving with a DE razor was for the peace and quiet. I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old, it seems like i never have time for myself anymore, and everything is done at fast forward speeds. I enjoy the alone time in the quiet.

Top Bottom