What's new

Do you shave in peace and quiet or with music/radio/tv in the background?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bottom shelf
None of the above. Since it's the only time all day I stand very still, I end up listening to incessant female chatter from SWMBO :a44::taz:
You might want to try the shaving cream in the ear trick mentioned in the thread. It kind of reminds me of when my grandpa would turn off his hearing aids so he didn't have to listen to the chattering of his wife of 55 years :p

Heh heh. That's a great idea. Actually, when I was typing my first message, she was right behind me telling me exactly what to type. She thought it would be funny. I love her sense of humor.

Last edited:
I just listen to the music of the blade cutting my hair. I feel like I can concentrate more on shaving with no music.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Usually it's a 2 year old. "Dad what you doing" "daddy let's play cars" "daddy I love you" "can I smell"

Of course I love having my son there. Every soap he smells, smells good and like flowers

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I keep the bathroom quiet. I like to hear the blade as it cuts. My morning shave is a time of peace and relaxation.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Between a 50 mile one way commute and being a lead/manager (I get it from management above/the underlings from below/ and customers from both sides) the 15 minutes of silence to shave is far too precious to distract myself with external stimuli... Plus, I'm new to this so I need to focus on not cutting my throat :lol:

Interesting question. I never did anything to create any audio ambience in the shave. I run the hot water several minutes, as needed to warm it up on this end of a building, turn it down until it is a quiet trickle, lather and shave. There is no memorable sound except that of cutting whiskers. Perhaps it is part of bachelor living.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have the radio on, tuned to the local NPR affiliate. I can listen and shave just fine.

Top Bottom