What's new

Music while you shave?

I've got one of those CD shower radios on my curtain rod, and I like to listen to NPR in the morning while I'm under the spray. Since I've been wetshaving, I've found it nice to put in one of my CDs of string quartet chamber music and play it while I shave -- it feels so refined to go along with the expensive creams and time honored technique.

MY question to you... what's your preferred background music for your morning shave? Pop? Classical? Talk? Or to you just crank up the TV so you can hear it in the bathroom?

castlecraver said:
I've found it nice to put in one of my CDs of string quartet chamber music and play it while I shave -- it feels so refined go along with the expensive creams and time honored technique

You have got it in one:thumbup1:

Brian

castlecraver said:
I've got one of those CD shower radios on my curtain rod, and I like to listen to NPR in the morning while I'm under the spray. Since I've been wetshaving, I've found it nice to put in one of my CDs of string quartet chamber music and play it while I shave -- it feels so refined go along with the expensive creams and time honored technique.

MY question to you... what's your preferred background music for your morning shave? Pop? Classical? Talk? Or to you just crank up the TV so you can hear it in the bathroom?

I like to be able to hear the razor at work, I used to listen to music all the time, while shaving, but not any more.

I always have music. It can range from Bach to The Beatles to Led Zeppelin. Depends on my mood. Boston one day, Boston Pops the next.

Randy

crispy said:
Iron Maiden...I just have to make sure I don't cut myself during the guitar solo's.

Thats why I go classical...... it's a bit like driving....more haste....less speed!!

Brian

When home I usually have my computer playing an online classical station in the morning and that's what I listen to while shaving. I listen to all kinds of music, primarily classic rock, but more often than not I find classical to make for a nice relaxing morning.

In the truckstops I have to listen to whatever crap they're piping through their system, if any.

I just put my music on shuffle and whichever songs start playing is what i listen too. Im not very picky.

I've found it nice to put in one of my CDs of string quartet chamber music and play it while I shave -- it feels so refined to go along with the expensive creams and time honored technique.

That sounds great. I think I might have to start doing that.

Just the 'music' of the blade sliding through the lather accompanied by the sweet sounding 'ping' of stubble being removed. :wink:

Marty

my usual morning radio. The problem is I focus on the radio and not on the shaving. Last week I started laughing and almost cut off my chin.:eek:

No more radio!

Put me down for classical music, too. But I sometimes put on the XM big band channel on Directv while shaving. It seems appropriate to the era of the tools used.

I'm a fan of silence while shaving. Even the shower exhaust has to be turned off. Somehow there's less satisfaction after finishing a shave if I can't hear each hair "popping" off my face.

Dave Keith said:
Put me down for classical music, too. But I sometimes put on the XM big band channel on Directv while shaving. It seems appropriate to the era of the tools used.
Is that the same as XM Radio? I have one in my truck and spend a lot of time listening to the classical channels and the big band music as well as the 40s channel.

Yes, it is the same as the xm in your truck. Directv has some of the xm channels available, but not all. The big band channel (channel 4 on xm) is on directv channel 801.

I commute about an hour each way to work in a rural part of Texas and I would sure hate to give up my xm radio! No static, virtually no commercials, and a LOT of musical (and talk) choices.

Top Bottom