What's new

Toothpick Moderator Interview

I hate barking dogs too. Had a neighbor once with one and I got so annoyed that I did something bad to it. Bad enough that I can’t mention it here. After that whenever it saw me it would become silent real quick.:c1: I think the neighbor realized something wasn’t right and shortly thereafter moved elsewhere. Good ridence.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I hate barking dogs too. Had a neighbor once with one and I got so annoyed that I did something bad to it. Bad enough that I can’t mention it. After that whenever it saw me it would become silent real quick.:c1: I think the neighbor realized something wasn’t right and shortly moved elsewhere.
Animal abuse is intolerable. It's not the dogs fault, it's the owners fault.
Confront the owner, not the dog.
But that's certainly harder and involves confrontation, and people generally want to avoid confrontation.

Last edited:
Animal abuse is intolerable. It's not the dogs fault, it's the owners fault.
Confront the owner, not the dog.
But that's harder and involves some risk, eh?

yes, it was certainly more risky confronting the owner. I agree with you 100% that animal abuse is intolerable. But that dog learned not to bark at me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
yes, it was certainly more risky confronting the owner. But I agree with you 100% that animal abuse is intolerable. But that dog learned not to bark at me.
I realized that my reply came off as snarky, not my intent and I apologize, I have edited it to reflect what I meant.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
yes, it was certainly more risky confronting the owner. I agree with you 100% that animal abuse is intolerable. But that dog learned not to bark at me.
Hurting animals , bet it was a small defenseless dog... how sad that you think it's ok to brag
a404432f553e795953bbdcdc5f42fb81~3.jpg

Great interview, enjoyed it.

We too are up here in the People's Republic of Illinois and actually know a good number of folks who have moved to Tennessee. Having read the interview I decided to move down there myself. In fact, if I had not read this interview I wouldn't be moving there. Thanks @Toothpick, for the great idea.

I found a place that is actually next door to Toothpick so he doesn't have to go so far for his shave gear. But he will need to get acquainted with my friends here. They make sure nobody is on the property that shouldn't be and they do a REALLY GOOD job of letting me know. :thumbup:

They let me know if the mailman is coming, if a squirrel is spotted, if a bird flies overhead, if a car drives by. It is wonderful since that is one thing I don't have time for. The best part is that due to years of practice they do so in unison. So they all start up and end together. Sometimes there is a brief lull between subjects to bark at and it is soooo weirdddd for it to be quiet. When that happens it makes me nervous so I usually throw a stick to get them started up again so that I am more comfortable.

somanydogs-e1491669745324.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Great interview, enjoyed it.

We too are up here in the People's Republic of Illinois and actually know a good number of folks who have moved to Tennessee. Having read the interview I decided to move down there myself. In fact, if I had not read this interview I wouldn't be moving there. Thanks @Toothpick, for the great idea.

I found a place that is actually next door to Toothpick so he doesn't have to go so far for his shave gear. But he will need to get acquainted with my friends here. They make sure nobody is on the property that shouldn't be and they do a REALLY GOOD job of letting me know. :thumbup:

They let me know if the mailman is coming, if a squirrel is spotted, if a bird flies overhead, if a car drives by. It is wonderful since that is one thing I don't have time for. The best part is that due to years of practice they do so in unison. So they all start up and end together. Sometimes there is a brief lull between subjects to bark at and it is soooo weirdddd for it to be quiet. When that happens it makes me nervous so I usually throw a stick to get them started up again so that I am more comfortable.

View attachment 1415179
You must have a full time pooper scooper on staff!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
But that's certainly harder and involves confrontation, and people generally want to avoid confrontation.

I've found it pretty easy confronting my neighbors about their two dogs they let run wild in the yard so they can wake the entire neighborhood up every day for the six years they've lived there. In fact, I've come to look forward to the confrontation and take full advantage at every opportunity lol.

I can sympathize with Jason on that point, but its not the dogs fault. There are no stupid dogs, only stupid owners.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've found it pretty easy confronting my neighbors about their two dogs they let run wild in the yard so they can wake the entire neighborhood up every day for the six years they've lived there. In fact, I've come to look forward to the confrontation and take full advantage at every opportunity lol.

I can sympathize with Jason on that point, but its not the dogs fault. There are no stupid dogs, only stupid owners.
Well, I beg to differ. I've met a few stupid dogs. But MANY more stupid owners!
It amazes me the hoops you have to jump through to get a dog from the pound. You'd think they'd weed out the stupid ones!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Well, I beg to differ. I've met a few stupid dogs. But MANY more stupid owners!
It amazes me the hoops you have to jump through to get a dog from the pound. You'd think they'd weed out the stupid ones!

I havent met any stupid dogs but I have met a lot of confused ones. Thats common with mixed breeds. One next door as an example, half German Shepherd and half Golden Retriever. She doesnt know if she should attack something or drag it to the door. The instincts conflict.

By the time you finish paying for everything getting one from the Humane Society here, you might as well get a puppy from a breeder.

Fantastic interview this one was funny Huh, but bigfoot does need more baths as the bigfoot pool looks rank these days.
As for dogs, it's not the dog's fault more the owners that I agree upon

Oh yes the Taco's are the best here

taco bacon.jpg

Top Bottom