25. dmshaver
26. RookieGuy
27. talibeard
28. kjbarth
29. godlike
30. Shave Soufflé
31. Paulford
32. Ravenonrock

I had a Maggards BF order going and threw a little Omega in the cart for $8. Something called a 10290. :001_unsur
I guess you got your B&M order, I think it was, in? Not to one up you, I added a Semogue 610 I had my eye on in case one of my vintage boars dies. 💀

Edit: why didn't I see that before! Now I am jealous.

Last edited:
I'll be in until Christmas Eve.
Then I'm going to indulge myself with some lovely badgers...
:laugh:
This ain’t no GRUME! Use what you like when you like. Just tell us about your BOAR-ing or BOAR-derline perfect shaves when you use a boar. 🐽

2021 DecemBOAR Signup List

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg
10. MaineYooper
11. BaPh96
12. PintoPlain
13. slimShavy
14. Ewk
15. APBinNCA
16. dnallehekaj
17. JoWolf
18. Bugin
19. Beardlyboy
20. Slanterino
21. beerandguitars
22. samasourus
23. Hahnenkam
24. Old Hippie
25. dmshaver
26. RookieGuy
27. talibeard
28. kjbarth
29. godlike
30. Shave Soufflé
31. Paulford
32. Ravenonrock
33. Jahe

I guess you got your B&M order, I think it was, in? Not to one up you, I added a Semogue 610 I had my eye on in case one of my vintage boars dies. 💀

Edit: why didn't I see that before! Now I am jealous.
Yup, I've got omnibus coming in both the goth and Angel garb. I like Omega partly because it's easy to mine the knot out of the cheap plastic handles and put them in artisan handles that I like.

Yup, I've got omnibus coming in both the goth and Angel garb. I like Omega partly because it's easy to mine the knot out of the cheap plastic handles and put them in artisan handles that I like.
Interesting idea! I love the way my Omega lathers but the handle feels pretty cheap. I'd be more than happy with their knot in another handle. I'll have to keep this in mind next time the situation arises.

Interesting idea! I love the way my Omega lathers but the handle feels pretty cheap. I'd be more than happy with their knot in another handle. I'll have to keep this in mind next time the situation arises.
The knot on my '49 popped out super easy. Didn't even damage the handle. This is it in a ebonite handle by Wild West.
Imagepipe_28.jpg

I love the way my Omega lathers but the handle feels pretty cheap.
Exactly my 'problem'. I could lay my hands on some older Omega's later on (hairs packed in metal cups and handles made out of decent resin) but my quest led me to the Vulfix 2189; a boar with the finest hairs and a quality resin handle at the level of premium Vulfix (and thus Simpson) brushes. They are sadly no longer produced and were relative expensive but it feels so much better to have a quality handle in your fist!

Think twice before you go into the trouble and cost of putting your Omega knot into a better handle; if it is a plastic cup (which most of them are these days) it will last not that long, especially when you are a 'soaker'. The plastic cups can't withstand the pressure caused by soaked boar (the hairs will swell and cause pressure) for too long and will crack.

This ain’t no GRUME! Use what you like when you like. Just tell us about your BOAR-ing or BOAR-derline perfect shaves when you use a boar. 🐽

2021 DecemBOAR Signup List

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg
10. MaineYooper
11. BaPh96
12. PintoPlain
13. slimShavy
14. Ewk
15. APBinNCA
16. dnallehekaj
17. JoWolf
18. Bugin
19. Beardlyboy
20. Slanterino
21. beerandguitars
22. samasourus
23. Hahnenkam
24. Old Hippie
25. dmshaver
26. RookieGuy
27. talibeard
28. kjbarth
29. godlike
30. Shave Soufflé
31. Paulford
32. Ravenonrock
33. Jahe
Oh if you put it that way, count me in! I may be making some brush handles late in December. Can someone suggest a good source for boar knots? I’ve been getting knots from Maggards, but I don’t think they offer a boar option. Meanwhile my Semogues can be relied upon for most of the month!

I hate to mention it, thanks @talibeard, WCS has a few Vulfix boars on sale. Now you have sent me down a rabbit hole that I didn't know existed.
In true B&B tradition; they carry the #VS5 and #6 and you better get both. I think these are both out of production (but not sure about it) and the VS5 has the better handle while the #6 has the better properties (imo) for face lathering. The hairs on both are not as fine as in the #2189 but be prepared for a relatively long breaking-in period. I love Omega but these Vulfixes are really good!

EDIT; I see they carry one more (the #26) but I cannot comment as I do not know the brush. Too bad they only carry the #404 in pure badger because the mixed version is awesome and available for next to nothing.

Last edited:
Oh if you put it that way, count me in! I may be making some brush handles late in December. Can someone suggest a good source for boar knots? I’ve been getting knots from Maggards, but I don’t think they offer a boar option. Meanwhile my Semogues can be relied upon for most of the month!
Doesn't TGN have them?

Top Bottom