What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Thank you @SharpieB for a wonderful month!!! Well done, sir! I wrapped up Decemboar with this lovely Zenith.
2A7B54B8-E975-44B3-81D7-BC02B1C99D27.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Get ready for B&B’s Third Annual DecemBOAR!!!

Thanks for sponsoring a great DecemBOAR, @SharpieB!

It's been fun and interesting. I've loved seeing all the great boar photos. I've loved all the attention given to boars especially the Omega Premium Boar Jade which seems to have been the Boar of the Month but who's counting.

Turning to January and my on deck circle. Number 7 is brand new to the game but has a good pedigree so I'm hopeful.

12-31-22.SV.7:28.640.JPG

12-27-22.#7:28.640.JPG

12-31-22.SV.7:28.Ready.640.JPG

In the middle photo the brush is brand new. The others show the knot after it was hand lathered, washed, and dried.

Thanks to all who participated for making it an excellent month with boars.

Happy shaves,

Jim

My final December shave say the Yaqi 26 Black Boar get it's second shave. The funky smell has gonne but it still needs a lot work to break it in. Eatint lather, scratchy and still shedding. I think I need to do a few more palm lathers!

View attachment 1580553View attachment 1580555
Good luck with that one. I'd rather buy a wire brush. You realise it would need 250-300 shaves before the first bristles show any trace of splitting?

Good luck with that one. I'd rather buy a wire brush. You realise it would need 250-300 shaves before the first bristles show any trace of splitting?

@ivan_101
I had one of those Yaqi brushes and I used it the one time. If my memory serves me right the one I had, the black knot was one of processed bleached bristles that had been dyed black, not the densest knot either. It seemed quite floppy after the one use, so I sold it with the other Yaqi boar I bought with a bleached knot.

Nice handles, but they both had terrible knots!

@ivan_101
I had one of those Yaqi brushes and I used it the one time. If my memory serves me right the one I had, the black knot was one of processed bleached bristles that had been dyed black, not the densest knot either. It seemed quite floppy after the one use, so I sold it with the other Yaqi boar I bought with a bleached knot.

Nice handles, but they both had terrible knots!
So, fake black bristles. Heresy!

I picked it up as my other Yaqi boar is pretty nice, small 22mm unbleached knot which is breaking in nicely. This one feels completely different, scratchy to the point I am wondering if its clipped. Hoping it improves but if not at least it wasn't expensive!

Drumroll please…. 🥁 🥁

The winner of the brush is @tjsgarden!!!!!

Please send me your full shipping info and let me know which brush you want from the below list. Any boar brush you like and don’t be shy. If you like the most expensive one, that is fine with me!

See y’all next DecemBOAR!!!! 🐗 🐗 🐗

And all the best in 2023!
Congrats @tjsgarden!
2023 will be a good year for you! 😀

Drumroll please…. 🥁 🥁

The winner of the brush is @tjsgarden!!!!!

Please send me your full shipping info and let me know which brush you want from the below list. Any boar brush you like and don’t be shy. If you like the most expensive one, that is fine with me!

See y’all next DecemBOAR!!!! 🐗 🐗 🐗

And all the best in 2023!

:clap::clap::clap:

@SharpieB I commend you highly for your generous offer for a new brush.
It is hilarious :)lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:) that this is my first day of GRUME and GRUYERE and therefore respectfully decline the offer.

BTW, you did a wonderful job hosting DecemBOAR and I look forward again this year.

SO...drum roll please...Someone else will be the winner!!! Congrats to the winner!!!:clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

@SharpieB I commend you highly for your generous offer for a new brush.
It is hilarious :)lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:) that this is my first day of GRUME and GRUYERE and therefore respectfully decline the offer.

BTW, you did a wonderful job hosting DecemBOAR and I look forward again this year.

SO...drum roll please...Someone else will be the winner!!! Congrats to the winner!!!:clap::clap::clap:
LOL. Here we go again….. 🥁 🥁

The new winner is…. @ralph029

Congrats.

please pick a brush and send me your shipping details!

Top Bottom