What's new

Omega 10098 - Best boar brush?

This isn't what you meant, but it is also true.

Happy shaves,

Jim

You're so right…:001_huh:

But if I got mixed up between boar and badger, it only shows that both can be excellent.:sneaky2:

In my den, synthetics, boars and badgers all have a place to play, even though boars are in a minority compared to badgers and synthetics.
The only type of brush that I never warmed up to were horse (Vie-Long) brushes, but these are IMO a niche product - even more so that Vie-Long brushes are now disappearing.

B.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You're so right…:001_huh:

But if I got mixed up between boar and badger, it only shows that both can be excellent.:sneaky2:

In my den, synthetics, boars and badgers all have a place to play, even though boars are in a minority compared to badgers and synthetics.
The only type of brush that I never warmed up to were horse (Vie-Long) brushes, but these are IMO a niche product - even more so that Vie-Long brushes are now disappearing.

B.

Although I mostly use badgers I also use sometimes and like a good bit my several boars.

Only one synthetic sits on my shelves. It's most used for travel, but I do like my Evo.

5-28-19.Zenith.HorseHair.507N:BR XS.640.JPG

You might enjoy a horse if you get the right one. My one horse is quite interesting in an unusual way, but it's fun to use. It's both like and unlike what I'd always heard about horses. Here's a thread if you're interested.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I do like boar brushes, but I mostly use synthetic brushes. I don't own any badger brushes. I tried a couple of very good ones and I was not impressed.
My only complaint with boar brushes is that when I try to use them with a shave stick, they just don't work. I can only get one pass of lather out of them. But they are great for bowl lathering.

Top Bottom