What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

4 more days to go... So there is still enough time to open a can of worms...: 😀

Question to all participants:
With a gun pointed to your head: which boar brush is your all time favourite?

Remember the gun - just name one! 😉
As per an earlier post, I have been using the same boar for years. Don't know what make or model, but at this stage it's a fine brush indeed. I fully intend to add another 31 shaves to it in December.

With any luck I'll finish the soap I've been using for the last couple of years too.

I'm in.

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg
10. MaineYooper
11. BaPh96
12. PintoPlain
13. slimShavy
14. Ewk
15. APBinNCA
16. dnallehekaj
17. JoWolf
18. Bugin
19. Beardlyboy
20. Slanterino
21. beerandguitars
22. samasourus
23. Hahnenkam
24. Old Hippie
25. dmshaver
26. RookieGuy
27. talibeard
28. kjbarth
29. godlike
30. Shave Soufflé
31. Paulford
32. Ravenonrock
33. Jahe
34. 2bit_collie
35. Frank Shaves
36. La Malice
37. cryhavoc
38. md1234
39. Contact_vs_Feedback
40. NorthernSoul
41. Wil_D
42. Crisp Rat

Vintage boar preview, she is definitely the belle of the ball.

IMG_1657.jpeg

All I did was soak and shampoo her and let her dry, et voila. She's a big Swiss girl.

I just polished a new to me Karve G plate (when is Chris going to release the copper version again? Been waiting impatiently for 2 months now) and top cap a couple of days ago and was stoked on trying it out today after 1 day of growth. I was also looking to get a headstart on DecemBOAR, so I used my Semogue Galahad C3 boar with the darker top band (not the all blonde colored bristles). Loved the scrub and the exfoliation of the boar. Great Shave with the Karve G solid bar. This is going to be a good month!!!

Ps. I was going to use a brand new Omega Pro 48 that i have 2 of but saw the higher loft and decided to use the much lower loft of the Semogue. There a list of low loft boar brushes, as that’s where it’s at for me.

Last edited:
4 more days to go... So there is still enough time to open a can of worms...: 😀

Question to all participants:
With a gun pointed to your head: which boar brush is your all time favourite?

Remember the gun - just name one! 😉
Semogue Galahad C3 in IT knot.

It has a good balance of scrub and pampering, knot dense enough to load the soap and provide good lather releases as compared to the other bigger boars.

I have named one brush as my favorite because of the gun pointed at me, but I love all my boars and often miss the Omega 10098 as well.

@APBinNCA I thought that was a real pic as I found it in this review….

If you are trying to find something close to that, just google any known Omega model. There is a post on a competing website that has the loft and knot sizes for all of them. I think you can get up to a 27x50, same with some Zeniths on The Bay if you read the description from the merchant.

If you are trying to find something close to that, just google any known Omega model. There is a post on a competing website that has the loft and knot sizes for all of them. I think you can get up to a 27x50, same with some Zeniths on The Bay if you read the description from the merchant.
Yeah i found the Omega boar knot size and loft listings on that other site. I’m looking for lowest loft and I just received the Midget (40033) and it’s 48mm which I’d prefer shorter even.

Top Bottom