What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

We WILL have rules and maybe lots of them… but we don’t yet. They shall be made up on the fly as we go along and could very well be VERY stringent. Or maybe not. Depends on my mood and if I remember to take my meds every day. 🤪
Be firm. Like Stalin. Well, okay, like the hair associated with a certain incarnation of capitalism. You decide. I await this ruling with ever-moistening bristles.

Brush: Made Rite #8, custom boar
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette 1957 Redtip.
Blade: Gillette permasharp, green.

1638401404547.png

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley Widebody, brass, D plate
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Brush: Zenith aluminum boar, 27mm
Soap: Cella red
Aftershave: Nivea cooling balm, alum
Growth: 24 hours
Passes: WTG, ATG, cleanup
Rating: 9/10

Awoke to December flurries on my screen, so grabbed Cella red with it’s cool Santa on the lid, and SQUEEEEEL!, my favorite brush, a Zenith boar. Routine brush soak during the shower, and this brush whipped up a luxurious lather. Perfect scritch, perfect face lather.

Santa Karved up a Zenith shave this morning.
81857034-FB55-4936-B589-B2631CBBFE9E.jpeg

12/1/21 SOTD

WR2 1.35 SB
Shick Plus Platinum
Zenith Aluminum handled boar
MdC Fougere
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla

This Zenith continues to need breaking in. I'm still hoping it softens up. The loft is set perfectly, IMHO, I just hope the bristles will break in. But I've only had 50 or so lathers with it. I just have to be patient!
IMG_1373.jpg

I finally did my part for Decemboar. A little slow since I'm usually a night time shaver.

I took my parker boar for the first trip around the chin. Seems fitting since it was my first evr boar and while I tend to prefer something larger this little guyis what taught me what a boar can do.

Razor: Razorock Lupo dual comb
Blade: Rapira lux platinum
Brush: Parker boar
Soap: MWF
Aftershave: alum, La Toja

I personally prefer the face feel of badgers but boars hands down produce the best lather. I'm glad this thread helped me get into the boar world last year.

Just some random night time musing for decemboar...
Same. I don’t think I have used a boar brush since last DecemBOAR and I used them for the whole month. I like them well enough, but much prefer Badger. This may change a bit once my two Semogue SOCs (boar and mistura) arrive. 👍

linty1

My wallet cries.
DC798C7D-E594-45EF-B2F4-ACB5AC61BB14.jpeg

The new brush (left) with the soc on the right. The new brush has had two towellings.

A9573E71-14DB-4C04-870E-FCDA3EB157C6.jpeg

Went with the soc, I'll use the Sue brush after a third towelling. (speaking of, what brand/sort of brush is the Sue brush? Its an Omega no?)

Took a little adjustment to a boar after mainly badgers (amount of water to flick off) and had to add a little cream, but got there. Also first time on the Gem. A lovely shave.

- Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
- Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.74
- Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless (1)
- Soap: First Canadian Shave Satsumo
- Aftershave: Storybook Hook
- Post Shave: Hyaluronic Acid and Thayers Unscented

The 1800 (or any of my boars) hasn’t been used since last year and it performed incredibly. I am really looking forward to trying the SOCs I have coming next week (Mistura and Boar).

Great shave. 👍

38CB2644-4A59-4A47-8E1D-0FDA7DC1FABB.jpeg
7CB9FCCD-6E70-4E64-9C11-D7AE50E9F02E.jpeg

Top Bottom