Cheap Watches

Discussion in 'The Haberdashery' started by Raissermesser, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Legion

Legion Moderator Emeritus

Ohh yeah, brother. That thing rocks!

giphy.gif

2. I am a fan of Invicta and Casio divers. I also quite like a Fossil leather cuff watch I have been wearing a lot lately. My outdoors watch is a battered Timex digital that takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Accurate, budget friendly timepieces that look good. What's not to like?

3. Canadian Mountain Man

Canadian Mountain Man Contributor

4. There's much to be said for cheap watches. I do own a Rolex 2-tone Sub that I love and wear a lot, but I also have an Invicta diver that looks and feels a lot like my Sub. I wear it traveling and never have to worry about damaging or losing it; I can definitely tell it's not a Rolex as the stem and bracket don't work as smoothly but for $85 (purchased in Mexico) who cares. As a bonus, it keeps as good of time as the Sub.

5. I have a number of Invicta and other budget friendly watches. My most expensive watch is the knockoff Submariner auto I bought for $180 in Mexico in 2005. Since I had to replace the bracelet. I have a 40 mm, 43 mm and 47 mm Pro Diver and a Grand Diver all autos.

There is the Hamilton Thin o Matic that belonged to my dad's dad. It was his every day watch from the time he got it as a service award from his employer to the day he died. I don't wear it much partly due to it's size. (~33 mm)

A great dressy but too dressy is my Rotary. 42 mm automatic skeletonized dial. Fits well under a suit sleeve. Couple of Sturhling Original pieces too. The Rotary while previously owned was brand new and still in its original packaging. The ShopNBC price at the time was $200. I paid $70.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. I’m a Seiko man myself. I’ve got two Seiko automatics I adore wearing. Plus, I’ve a couple Timex’s. As a middle-aged family man, that’s good enough for me.