What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

M

mtcn77

Thread is so uneventful, you guys are making me go watch that "Jaws" movie where genetically enhanced sharks learned to swim backwards to escape their containment.
Could sharks have learned 'no blood in the water' week, too?🦈🦈🤔

Superdrug sounds like a substance from a sci-fi movie. Is that a farmacy chain?

Ha ha.

It's a high street pharmacy chain in the UK, that sell a little bit of everything.

They usually have little to nothing for wet shavers aside from a few things which include a few nice old school splashes as the one I used today 'Forest Fresh', one which is an old fashioned fougere style scent which in the UK some consider to befitting of what a grandfather's cologne.

I'm not old enough to be a grandfather, but I still like this aftershave splash!

First Sharko Shave

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Shark Platinum
Brush WCS 26mm Silvertip Badger
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger (got left out of the picture)
A/S Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS
I haven't tried any of the Shark blades and since it seemed the platinum wasn't get much love yet I decided to start with it. I wasn't sure what to expect so I started cautiously but there was nothing to fear here. The platinum must be a nurse shark. Pretty soon I was shaving away like I would with a Personna Israeli Red. In my Timeless .68 it was a comfortable shaver (based on just one shave) and I have no problems using it again. Way smoother than an Astra SP. Sharpness seemed average to me but that is a good thing in my book. I don't really care much for super sharp blades. It will likely sharpen up more as most blades do after the first shave. No weepers, no irritation and NO BLOOD. I used a hybrid lathering method with an Arko stick to the face and mashed up Arko stick into a puck container. This lets me load up that big honking lather hog of a brush and build a wet lather in my scuttle to keep my brush warm and use to build the lather on my face. That brush probably holds enough lather for 10 passes and I really chased BBS today with much success! The Arko makes a really nice slick lather. The Lime Sec did give me some feedback which is normal with any blade when I make 4 passes plus touchups. I think it helps soften the industrial citrus of the Arko. All in all a really great Sunday Shave on my 7th wedding anniversary!

Sharko 1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, chose to use my Wade and Butcher old type dupe with a super chrome because last time I paired these up it was weeper madness. I have nowhere to be today so why not?

Very happy with how the shave went! Got a very comfortable 2 pass DFS. Must have had a bad blade last time...

No blood in the water....yet! Will be using my Gillette Old Type next, and the Gillette NEW afterwards.

Excellent performance with Arko and the Beagle.

Got into the water today.
Razor: JAWS .84
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Soap: Oceana
A/S: Oceana balm
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis

The Chrome/JAWS combo worked very well. First time using Oceana and I have to say I really like the scent. I kept to the shallows only doing 2 passes. No blood in the water today! The Chrome blade worked very well, mostly BBS finish.
20210710_185925.jpg

So a tallow base?
Not necessarily. For me the Palmolive cream is the least protective of all creams I use. That is why I usually use it with very mild and gentle blades. The Nivea cream is the other end of the spectrum for me. So protective that most of the time it is harder to achieve BBS.
I am going to use the Omega cream in a tube tomorrow, quite protective.
Here is the razor I finally chose. Teeth, right?

IMG_20210711_195550.jpg

Locked and loaded with a Shark SS.

Last edited:
Well that sucks. Never tried Sharks blades but remembered I had a 5 pack sample somewhere and realised we were the 11th so decided to play. After looking around and in secret box, realised they were not sharks but Tigers..... Since Tigers don't swim, NOT in :( gonna try the Tigers instead...
Enjoy your shark week.
IMG_20210711_132431~2.jpg

0238B2E4-3565-4EA5-9476-85E23FBAFFE4.jpeg

Pre: Proraso cypress and Vetyver
Brush: AP Shave Co cashmere
Lather: Officina Artigiana Stay Trad
Blade: 🦈 super chrome
Razor: FOCS

4 pass (wtg/xtg/atg/atg) DFS. Haven’t used a SHARK blade in 6 months at least. Not bad, not bad at all. Hello SHARK WEEK!

Top Bottom