What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

Shark Super Chrome in a Yaqi Full Open Comb Slant...what could be more shark-like than that?

And NO Blood! This is one tough razor for me to shave without any nicks or cuts, but somehow, it happened.

1626008000738.png

Sharko week - July 11th ‘21

IMG_20210711_121415.jpg

Razor: Lupo .95
Blade: Shark SS (1)
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: Arko
Pre: N/A
Rating: 4/5
Last shave: < 2 days-ish ago (43 hrs)
Result: SAS

We have entered Shark week. And I don’t even have discovery! On a dare, there was a suggestion to make it ShArko week (thanks @Owen Bawn). I don’t think so. I’ve tried Arko now (and clearly before, as I recognize the scent from the soap my barber uses).

Anyway, over to the soap. Arko has been around for a very long time, since the late 1950’s. And here we are, in 2021, and I have for the first time tried Arko at home. I had a pretty old stick, from around 2012. I unwrapped it, and it’s obvious it’s dried out a little bit. I still managed to warm it up in my hands, and get it pressed into a small bowl, ready for use. I have to mention the scent. It really does smell like a public restroom. When I unpacked the soap and started the process of getting it into the bowl, one of our cats recoiled and ran away. Love it or hate it, the scent is certainly polarizing. I don’t mind it, but I wouldn’t be using it in the future for its scent.

Using my Wee Scot brush, I wanted to load it up with Arko soap, and face lather. In mere seconds, there was lather in the bowl, which was very surprising. I was ready to start my shave in less than a minute I think. It was super fast to create a lather, and it was thick, creamy and slick.

On to the blade. I have no previous experience with Shark blades. From what I understand, they’re on the milder side. I didn’t feel any tugging or blade skipping, but less time had passed between shaves this time. For my last few shaves, I’d let 3 days pass. And now, a little less than 2 days have passed. So that might be partly the reason I got a SAS today rather than a DFS. 3 passes + a bit of cleanup, WTG, XTG and XTG. My goal is to get down to a shave every 2 days. I feel pretty scruffy after 3 days!

There was no blood in the water today. No nicks, weepers, cuts or irritation. So going by that, I’m pretty happy with my shave overall! Hope everyone is having a fantastic start to shark week. ;)

Razor: G.E. Jones Shake Sharp
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Cashmere 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: PAA - Atomic Age Bay Rum
Aftershave: Historic Brands - Georgian Bay Rum
D7CE1C11-685B-44C9-8BCA-953C233CEEB8.jpeg
CD0066DB-12A1-4FBB-93BE-10F502BC367D.jpeg

Sorry Sharks, but my Shake Sharp is too smooth to allow any blood in the water. No feeding frenzy today. In fact, my face is so smooth your teeth would just slide off.

Last edited:
Shark Week Shave #1

Shark SS blade
(day 1, in my previous posts this was the sharpest Shark)
Wolfman WR1 razor
Shavemac Beagle 2-band bulb brush
Haslinger’s schafmilch soap
Pitralon classic splash (to celebrate my survival)

Surprisingly drama free! (I expected blood in the water.)

View attachment 1295001

Arko Sharko Shave #1

11/07/2021

Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New OC
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (1)
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Sometimes I stumble across a combination of razor and blade that is exquisitely smooth and comfortable, it's difficult to imagine coming across a better combination. It seemed to glide across my face without the slightest bit of resistance.
A really great slick lather with the Arko as well, and the 2.5 passes were as close and comfortable as can be.

No blood in the water, and no post shave burn when I put the splash on.

My ShArko week is off to a great start.

Have a good Sunday and enjoy your shaves my friends.
Superdrug sounds like a substance from a sci-fi movie. Is that a farmacy chain?

Top Bottom