Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: DS Cosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Pre-Shave: Shower
Lather: Arko Original
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Creed Aventus
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

24DEB698-9705-477B-8105-19D7BEEDE0BD.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Brush: Omega Jade
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Old Spice

Good morning! For my first Arko August shave, I face lathered said Arko with my Omega Jade boar brush, which just keeps getting better. The Lupo / Rubie combo made for a very smooth very close shave. Were it not for having to smell the Arko, it would be a 10. Finished with Hyaluronic Acid and Old Spice.

9.5/10

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Whenever changing motor oil, I cut the drips with a little gasoline, which cleans and drys. Arko seems to do the same. After consecutive Arko shaves, my face seemed tight, dried out and a little sensitive. So I switched back to Tabac-tallow today. Dryness gone.

I also noticed with 2 days of Arko, my sink was cleaner. Yet today, with Tabac-tallow, the sink has an oily residue. With Arko, my Rockwell rinsed clean easily in cold water. Tabac-tallow required hot.

Pros and cons for each soap, yet thoroughly enjoying the both.

View attachment 1306544
Tight, dry skin is why God invented CeraVe Moisturizer. Plus, unlike gasoline, it's unscented.

Shave #3 on the Arko. I have decided to use it as a stuck. I had put the Arko stick, without its wrapper, in an empty Mike’s tin after the last shave. This morning it was stuck to the tin so I decided to load the brush on it like a puck. I had to twist the brush a bit differently than with a puck, but it worked great. I had enough lather for my full shave plus cleaning up the back of my neck after giving myself a haircut. Overall an outstanding shave.

Gear was:
Soap: Arko stick
Brush: Rudy Vey custom badger
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum

ARKO Boarko #4 (ARKO 4, 2021)
Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: “Big Red” Omega 10049 Boar
Soap: ARKO
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

The Shave: First ever use of the New SC and Big Red. WTG/ATG with a goatee XTG pick up. ARKO just works! CC Nor’Easter smells fantastic and really helped with the small amount of irritation on my lower right neck.

First Takes: 1) The Omega 10049 already has pretty soft tips, makes nice lather, amazing for painting strokes, this piggy is hungry (ate a lot of lather) so I just kept feeding it. It’s going to be fun breaking in.
2) The Gillette New SC and I need significantly more time together to make any kind of decision. The WTG pass went well and had good efficiency but, I’m not sure what the best ATG angle is yet. Steep ATG felt a little irritating and riding the cap seemed inefficient. I’ll revisit it tomorrow and see how it goes.
68EB32AD-7412-4C9F-8D22-D1766229DDD7.jpeg
56425FED-D622-4A44-BCEC-A8E37A9F34FE.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Today is
WEDNESDAY
4 August, 2021

______

Pre: CeraVe Moisturizing Bar
Brush: Frank Shave "G5"
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: ARKO
Razor: Hone "Type 15"
Blade: Gillette "Nacet"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Aqua Velva "Musk"
Alternating (kinda' at random) twixt ersatz
Aventus and genuine Arko this August.
Keeping 'em separate for now, but
I may try some unusual mashups.

That said, I got my customary
great Arko shave today.

Stay healthy,

Bill

4th shave for ARKO August. I cut up a stick and tinned it yesterday. My shave was really nice, but I'm noticing a bit of a very mild rash on part of my chin. Too much of a good thing? The fresh blade? Maybe using the vintage 100T Ever-Ready NOS badger brush? A reaction from the AS? If the rash stays the day, I may back off ARKO for a day or two, or go back to using as a stick. I don't recall any rash during August last year, but with so many possible causes it's hard to know. The shave was really close and smooth otherwise.

Enjoy your day in Arkoland!

PXL_20210804_154737699.MP.jpg

3rd Arko shave - DFS
Krona, Nacet and the new Omega 599 Super followed by Epsilon blue
FDA6B087-0A72-4C15-9786-EDA1F536394B.jpeg

I seriously underestimated how much water this little brush holds and had to start anew once I swamped everything. It had a very faint badger smell and is soft with no noticeable backbone. Still it felt much nicer than it’s illegitimate sibling the Mixed Midget aka Scritch Monster No.1. The size is right but I will have to do a couple of more shaves with it before it gets in the dopp bag as travel brush. All my other brushes have more scrub and backbone which makes this one vastly different yet still interesting.

ARKO August Day 4

Today was my Gillette Slim G4 set on 7 with a Wizamet SI blade, ARKO pucked into my Old Spice Friendship mug, and my trusty Omega 10049; followed by Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive ASB and Penguin Brand Premium Cologne.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom