What's new

Arko August 2021

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210803_221207.jpg

Not Arko again, in Ireland we've had our week of sunshine that passes as summer here, so Prorasso Wood and Spice is a summer scent here. Strong as the scent of this cream is at least it doesn't smell like Arko.

Razor Timeless .SS .68 SB
Blade Polsilver Stainless
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
AS Pinaud Lime Sec

Pretty good shave this morning. No weepers and no irritation but also no BBS. The Arko made a really nice lather. The more I use Arko the better I get at making lather with it. I had an early start and that might have affected my shave quality but this is about where I began to notice the beginning of a loss of efficiency. Blade was still smooth. Wizamet shave tomorrow and then I will try the Wolfman for shave 6 and see if a more efficient razor can make up for the slowing down of the blade.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Whenever changing motor oil, I cut the drips with a little gasoline, which cleans and drys. Arko seems to do the same. After consecutive Arko shaves, my face seemed tight, dried out and a little sensitive. So I switched back to Tabac-tallow today. Dryness gone.

I also noticed with 2 days of Arko, my sink was cleaner. Yet today, with Tabac-tallow, the sink has an oily residue. With Arko, my Rockwell rinsed clean easily in cold water. Tabac-tallow required hot.

Pros and cons for each soap, yet thoroughly enjoying the both.

5D225490-AB34-4336-8757-879F7EB344CD.jpeg

Arko August #3 Wed 4 SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor GD 208 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + Old Spice Original
Just a budget but reliable shaving soap that works...nice! Over-did a little today...
Another SR shave in the books! Razor's edge with pasted balsa strop is quite smooth and comfortable...while not efficient enough due to my techniques, I am satisfied in 3passes for a surprisingly dfs to ccs results.
20210804_090915.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Arko August #3 Wed 4 SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor GD 208 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + Old Spice Original
Just a budget but reliable shaving soap that works...nice! Over-did a little today...
Another SR shave in the books! Razor's edge with pasted balsa strop is quite smooth and comfortable...while not efficient enough due to my techniques, I am satisfied in 3passes for a surprisingly dfs to ccs results.
View attachment 1306546
Congratulations on your SR shaving progress. You have chosen well to partner it with ARKO.

Arko shave #2

I'm finishing up my opened DE blades as this is monsoon season and I don't want to risk keeping an opened blade kept for long periods.

RazoRock Wunderbar
Feather blade (3 and binned)
Semogue Owner's Club Boar in Cherry
Arko
Witch Hazel and Hyaluronic Acid

IMG_20210804_153521.jpg

Got a very close, smooth BBS shave.
I got a weeper or two but that's just blade dying mid shave.

I found that Feather blade doesn't work with slant and curved razor for me as I see no noticeable difference in quality and feel of the shave.

Arko and SOC are working well together, I'm learning how to load the brush with enough soap to give me good quantity lather.

I'm still in learning phase with natural bristles as I seem to underload the brush and then the brush gets a bad rap.

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Wizamet SI
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
AS Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS
Great shave this morning. Arko gave me a nice slick lather and the Wizamet was still smooth and sharp. The 5th shave of the Wizamet felt closer and more efficient than the 5th shave of the Polsilver but both blades are still smooth. I am going to take this competition to shave 6.

Top Bottom