What's new

Aotearoa (NZ) Pass-around

Right ta, so probably needs a lap at least.

Tried the injector today, gotta say i found it rather tuggy, not like a bad DE blade, it felt more like a mach 3 cartridge to me. I managed an ok shave but wonder if i had the angle off, i was expecting something more refined.

The omega brush was a bit of a revolation. Haven't tried a decent boar before, really nice.

The 2019 NZ Travelling Box
Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
Vivasanti - South Canterbury
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
Fat Larry - Wellington
Uncle Brian - Katikati
You can always join in, just add you name to the bottom of the list :)

"What are the two spare DE heads?"
They were put in on the last round and I have no idea what they fit, might be a good diy progect for a guy with some bar and a set of taps and dies.

I think haggis2a put those in? If one is grey, its probably A Maggards V3A head.
I added an old Gillette NEW long comb head for the unknown ball-ended handle.

I think haggis2a put those in? If one is grey, its probably A Maggards V3A head.
I added an old Gillette NEW long comb head for the unknown ball-ended handle.

They're both chrome and neither fit standard threads so I couldn't do much with them.

Thanks for putting the New in. I really enjoyed the shave i got with it. I'm adding a Paper Clip Rocket that needs some love if someone is able to get it going again. The head is ok but the handle is stuck.

Also putting in a moderately aggressive Yaqi head and planning on holding on to the thin handle Tech as i love Techs and haven't seen this one before. Please let me know if whoever put it in wants it back or would like it to stay in.

Well that was fun. Box is moving on from me. Thanks guys, really enjoyed, particularly the Gem which i got a couple of slow but very excellent shaves out of. Anyone know what model of Gem it is?

Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
Fat Larry - Wellington
Uncle Brian - Katikati
You can always join in, just add you name to the bottom of the list :)

Just had a look in the box to see what goodies I might like to try and found a few to start with. Some of the thing I found are razors and soaps i last tried years ago and I'm keen to give them another run, the GEM will be first and that big Omega brush looks like fun.

I found the GEM to be very efficient and well worth a lot more shaves over the comming weeks, only one tiny nick and no irritation despite the heat here, 30C today in Tauranga. i had several days of growth and the blade just mowed it all down in two passes.
Omega brush was ok but not brilliant, I have a 30mm synthetic from Whipped Dog that has ruined me for all other brushes as it's brilliant.
Will keep going with the GEM and try some of those soaps next :)

In the box is a razor that I think was called the worlds ugliest :( It's a Gillette slim in a sort of gold colour and I remember giving it a clean before the last round. I decided to shave with it this morning using a Gillette green blade that was well used and got a BBS after 3 smooth passes. Might be ugly but it works great so I'm thinking of keeping it, that's how good it was.

I had a good shave from that slim, i looked at the blade gap at its highest setting and compared it to my tech, figured it was pretty close and if that's as high as it goes i don't think i'd ever use anything below it. Really admire the engineering and build of those razors though. Will probably pick up a nice example at some point.

Interesting observation Fat Larry, I can't get a decent shave out of a Tech it's just to mild for me, my go to razor is a Gillette Old Type. I used the slim on 9 for the first pass then dialed it down to 5 for the second and third passes. When I shave this morning I'm going to start at 1 and see how that works for me. When it was in the box last time I do remember trying it but was not impressed, no idea what has changed.
Based on the one shave yesterday I'm tempted to keep the one in the box or start hunting for a pretty one :)

I have some bits I'd like to add to the box

Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
Fat Larry - Wellington
Uncle Brian - Katikati
^sheep^ - Hamilton

As there has been a name added to the list I guess it's time to think about another round, I plan to play with and sort out the box until the end of the month and then it will be posted to ^sheep^

Anyone else interested please add your name to the list I'm happy for you to position yourself anywhere you like.

1.Uncle Brian - Katikati
2.^sheep^ - Hamilton

As there has been a name added to the list I guess it's time to think about another round, I plan to play with and sort out the box until the end of the month and then it will be posted to ^sheep^

Anyone else interested please add your name to the list I'm happy for you to position yourself anywhere you like.

1.Uncle Brian - Katikati
2.^sheep^ - Hamilton
8. Fat Larry - Wellington

I'll have another play! Got a handfull of things that could go back into circulation.
Also if anyone ever wants some small volumes of barbercide, drop us a pm and i'll decant some.

1.Uncle Brian - Katikati
2.^sheep^ - Hamilton
3. Grue
8. Fat Larry - Wellington

Glad to see that there are still people interested in the BOX I was getting worried for a bit. If you have workmates or friends that would like to join our little family I see no issue with adding them to the list, once you have them hooked they can join B&B :)

Top Bottom