What's new

Aotearoa (NZ) Pass-around

I final made a purchase from lamberts luscious but still have not got his soap. I hear his soap is not bad, so when I return to shaving......maybe come summer, I'll try it for sure. I quite like the scent of his Urban beard oil and he has it loaded with good stuff.

I'm just three weeks in and the AD's are starting to kick in. I've got a sample pack from Grave Before Shave on the way. The description of the scents sound really nice and eager to order more.
It's like stepping into a new world of things to try. :) Needless to say the wife is not amused with the flow of packages being delivered. She got a bit grumpy with me, so I used the NZ Post redirect option for the first time and had it delivered to a Countdown supermarket.
It just felt wrong picking up a parcel from Countdown but no grumpy wife, package sneaked into house, life is good. :)
Hey, your wife is probably onto something. I bet you deliberately grew your beard in order to justify buying into that huge range of beard grooming products. :jump:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Do you know what the difference between beard balm and beard oil is, and which do you prefer?

Basically, Oil is for the skin and help hydrate the beard. Balms have the same oils and some wax so can hold a bit more and work as a conditioner. Then there is wax for a firmer hold.
Not all oils are equal as some blends use cheaper carries than other. There is plenty of good info in the beard & Moustache forum
I have not grown a beard for about 25 years and this is the first time I have used oils etc.
It really helped taming the itch in the first few weeks of growing.
Which do I prefer? I've been using the oil only so far and will start using the balm soon as my beard is now a length where it needs combing, three weeks now.

Found this the other day.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hey, your wife is probably onto something. I bet you deliberately grew your beard in order to justify buying into that huge range of beard grooming products. :jump:

I'm busted. The wife knows me too well.

I want to buy a range of product then have a play at making my own. That way I'll have something as a base to compare against. Plus making my own sounds like a new rabbit hole.
The oils and wax can be purchased easily and you can add your own scent if you want.
Just to think I use to grow a beard for free, now it cost me money for product...….and loving it. :)

The lack of samples available has generally put me off trying new beard stuff, so when I find something that works I tend to stick to it. Beard oils and balms are so simple to make and the ingredients so cheap, it makes sense to just do it yourself. Beard oils are massively overpriced, you could just use hemp or sweet almond oil and call it a day (both good all-round oils for the skin and beard).

The lack of samples available has generally put me off trying new beard stuff, so when I find something that works I tend to stick to it. Beard oils and balms are so simple to make and the ingredients so cheap, it makes sense to just do it yourself. Beard oils are massively overpriced, you could just use hemp or sweet almond oil and call it a day (both good all-round oils for the skin and beard).

Do you have any recipes _dub_?

The 2018 NZ Travelling Box
Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
Vivasanti - South Canterbury
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
cree8ion - Dunners

If you want to play just add your name :)

Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
cree8ion - Dunners

If you want to play just add your name :)
Sending the box on tomorrow, so that should get to Gnasher soon :D
It's been great having the box again

I'm not in counrty to take part at the moment but i'd really like to know what this Mr.Scary razor is. Can someone post some details/pics?

I'm not in counrty to take part at the moment but i'd really like to know what this Mr.Scary razor is. Can someone post some details/pics?
I’ll send some photos through, i tried the scarey razor once, did not cut myself but didnt entirely enjoy the experience because i was concentrating the entire time on not sliceing my cheeks off

Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
cree8ion - Dunners

You can always join in, just add you name to the bottom of the list:)

ya, that's it.. after using it once, i decided cut throat shaving is not for me, takes up far too much concentration and time

. there's also another semi scarey razor.. the old school one which uses the single edge blades, did not try that one though

Uncle Brian - Katikati
FrankD - Wellington
Grue - New Plymouth
robphilldog - Auckland
Gnasher40 - Waiuku
cree8ion - Dunners
Fat Larry - Wellington

You can always join in, just add you name to the bottom of the list:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom