What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

yes I cleaned my razor after this :) I hate smudges :)
wolfman .95
2nd use on blade
Venture so half aventus day :)
skipped yesterday as I just got my Morado order an had to use the whole kit with After Shave :)
IMG_6046.JPG

AAA 3rd

Razor: Merkur Progress long handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock green
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe soap
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe splash (followed by Nivea Sensitive Skin balm)
Fragrance: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe EdP

Even though I've been using SV stuff for more than a year, I am still taken aback by how insanely great the experience is every single time. Like, I kinda forget in between uses.

And that EdP, such a great take on the Aventus theme. Brighter, lighter, fruitier. Short lived yes, but that's part of the charm.

🍍 AAA - Day 3 🍍
20220803_152147-01-01-01.jpeg

It's been a fine shave, in all aspects :)

Pictured is my final tub of the former variant of Fine Platinum. A good performer. It's a tripple milled soap made in the Netherlands.
I haven't used the new formula to date. Perhaps anyone of you chime in?
The reviews I saw look promising, however, I doubt the croap will last that long... *sigh*

But back to today's shave... did I already mention it's been a fine shave? 😉 Two passes and 1.5 days worth of growth kind of vanished without further traces. BBS. No weepers. Brilliant.

FOTD: Montblanc Explorer EdP. 🤩

Happy 🍍 shaves!

First one in for the AAA Event for ‘22. Ethos Success trio and in my eyes the best dupe of the famed elixir. Performance is as expected top notch. The RR Lupo .95 OC is well, you just need to take a look at the Lupo thread In the safety razor division. It brings it, plain & simple.

Great shaves to all….

76816577-AE5A-48C4-B7A3-FE13296B983F.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August shave#3
IMG_20220803_114731.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(5)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight I changed to the Rocca for a more earth shattering shave than the Rockwell. I also went with the Trafalgar because I haven't picked it up in a while. The first thing I noticed is how big the handle feels in my hand and second is how springy the knot is, especially compared to the Muhle Kosmo STF which has, I'm sorry to say, definitely taken the top spot from the Trafalgar. It is more comfortable to hold and the knot is softer and more comfortable on the face.
The shave was still excellent and left me with a near BBS, the Rockwell may be a solid performer but it doesn't have the drama of the Rocca. The Emperor is a much better soap than I first thought and unlike some of my 3017 efforts I am enjoying using this soap immensely.

2022-08-03N sotd.jpeg

Pre: Hot water sponge soak
Brush: Elite Razor Amboyna Burl, 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Céfiro A Ventus †
Razor: Asylum Injector, Proline B-20
Finish: WSP Olympus EDP †

† An hommage to Creed Aventus

Last edited:
8/4/22
Soap - Sterling Executive Man
Brush - Zenith Euro
Razor - Gillette Black Beauty
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Aftershave - Sterling Executive Man
Result - BBS
Was going to put this razor up in BST but, steep or shallow angle does make a difference! Awesome shave! Will keep this razor.

full

Paging @haggis
🤣
My experience with the old hard soaps is limited a single use (so far) of lavender and vetiver so most of my experience of Fine is the new stuff (L'Orange Noir being a favorite).

My tub of Platinum is quite soft (a croap at best, with my tub of L'Orange Noir nearer a cream). It lathers up easily and nicely and plenty slick for me. The scent is one of my favorites in this genre so far, not too sweet with some very slight spiciness that I find appealing. (Executive Man has something similar going on for me.)

🍍 AAA - Day 4🍍

We are having hot and humid temperatures today (up to 99 degree F), so I wonder if there is a mentholated variant of a soap/splash available featuring the Aventus theme? Perhaps Stirling did a glacial aftershave? Pls let me know... asking for a friend 🍍❄️😉

20220804_084403-01.jpeg

Today's shave was nice, efficient and easy, BBS without nicks. I did my regular two pass routine, but no touchups (yesterday's shave was a close one 😉 ) .
I only needed a few strokes to get used again to the lighter weight of the Ti'Bird. She's a great shaver, the Schick (9) was an excellent pairing.

FOTD: Al Haramain ~ L´Aventure EdP

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
🤣
My experience with the old hard soaps is limited a single use (so far) of lavender and vetiver so most of my experience of Fine is the new stuff (L'Orange Noir being a favorite).

My tub of Platinum is quite soft (a croap at best, with my tub of L'Orange Noir nearer a cream). It lathers up easily and nicely and plenty slick for me. The scent is one of my favorites in this genre so far, not too sweet with some very slight spiciness that I find appealing. (Executive Man has something similar going on for me.)
That's good news, thanks 😀

🍍 AAA - Day 4🍍

We are having hot and humid temperatures today (up to 99 degree F), so I wonder if there is a mentholated variant of a soap/splash available featuring the Aventus theme? Perhaps Stirling did a glacial aftershave? Pls let me know... asking for a friend 🍍❄️😉

View attachment 1499206

Today's shave was nice, efficient and easy, BBS without nicks. I did my regular two pass routine, but no touchups (yesterday's shave was a close one 😉 ) .
I only needed a few strokes to get used again to the lighter weight of the Ti'Bird. She's a great shaver, the Schick (9) was an excellent pairing.

Happy shaves!

Glacial is available as an option for the Executive Man a/s splash amigo. Hmmm, now I'm intrigued.... :idea:

🍍 AAA - Day 4🍍

View attachment 1499206

Happy shaves!
I know Stirling offers a menthol version of their aftershaves. You just have to select the menthol option when choosing your aftershave

Glacial is available as an option for the Executive Man a/s splash amigo. Hmmm, now I'm intrigued.... :idea:

I know Stirling offers a menthol version of their aftershaves. You just have to select the menthol option when choosing your aftershave

Thanks gents!
As much as I'd like to - I can't get my hands on the glacial version. I'm based in good ol' Europe and shipping AS which contains alhocol by plane isn't possible.😒 But I'm glad at least Stirling's regular offerings are available over here... I guess I'll have to add some menthol crystals on my own if I'm looking for some icy pineapple goodnees...

But thanks again for responding on my question... the idea was a good one!

AAA 4th

No shave today!

But the Aventus-related fragrance I chose is Nishane Hacivat. It could be considered a stretch because past the opening, there’s very little Aventus in there. Mostly musk and oakmoss (of outstanding quality, I should add). But yeah, it opens with pineapple so I stand by it! :)

Let’s see what tomorrow brings…

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220803_114731.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(6)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight a carbon copy of last night's shave though I was in a hurry and left myself with a small weeper, though the shave was still excellent.
I like this setup, but I prefer the Muhle Kosmo STF, the only problem with that is my STF is a 21mm and doesn't use much soap which is a problem when you are trying to 3017 a soap.

Top Bottom