What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

Does anyone have experience with multiple clones and also might be willing to compare the scent profiles for those of us who are shopping?
from a post I did a bit ago the last line being what the thread was about someone wanting to try PAA and then some asked about the aventus clones :)

so this was my reply with what I had :) and can update a bit of comparison day to day
for this coming month fun :) going to be using:
Captains Choice Venture
Fine a platinum
PAA Grey

I also kinda want to buy the SV Opuntia :) so might be a good excuse to do so :)

I have in order my fav to least fav

Captains Choice Venture
Fine Acroutrements (spelling?) Platinum
PAA Doppelganger grey this thread focus Stirling Executive Man
Stirling Executive Man

so I also have some aventus to base off but of course we all smell things dif like we all see color dif so take this as what I like I also feel these are more a homage than trying to replicate or how I view them

to me the Captains Choice was the closest but also the least in your face did not want to say weak because its a nice subtle balance and is very consistent when wet as far as a soap I love this stuff and the company is TOP NOTCH great customer service etc... also leaves little residue very clean rinsing and post (I also have the matching splash which is top notch stuff) as others say if I want more smell I can put on cologne so the less strong is fine when things are to strong the conflict can be real ahhahaah

the strongest is the Fine A almost in your face strong BUT I do love it when shaving you really smell it and the scent while I do not feel as accurate not sure how to describe the spicier top end feel and smooths out a touch when wet and using but strongest of the ones I have I have the matching splash while I hate menthol this has menthol but just enough to cool not be in your face this stuff is also WOW I use it often for a mid day refresh ! Long lasting scent for both soap and splash again great stuff just wish no menthol and splash would be higher up scent again is more a homage

the stirling is a very nice scent but is my least favs of the aventus homage and the performance is in last place for me I think scent carries over well when wet in use folks here love stirling though so this of course is a YMMV thing a couple of the splashes I had had a bad alergic reaction to (Bay Rum balm and splash and one other splash forgot) I only had a sample of the splash that matched but from memory was nice the allergy thing is something that can happen so not on them ! Want to make that clear

the PAA grey doppelgänger CK6 I do think is just behind the Fine A or 2nd strongest and when wet is in the same place I do not think its more a homage and does so very well I do love the smell and performance another top notch soap I wont be buying again though based on to many customers saying things about the company ? I do love the scent of the atomic bay rum also BUT supporting a company that I know if I had a issue is important to me and with other soaps such as Captains Choice equal performer how he supports this B&B community and heard WOW stories of going above and beyond its a no brainer to me as a small business owner myself

SO I really need to try SV Opunita which is on my list OK its in my cart waiting to click as that soap IMHO outperforms all above and if you are looking for an Aventus homage that might be the one to look into also

if you are looking to try PAA CK6 and love Aventus I would say the grey(gray) Doppelgänger would be a great choice and my vote

from a post I did a bit ago the last line being what the thread was about someone wanting to try PAA and then some asked about the aventus clones :)

so this was my reply with what I had :) and can update a bit of comparison day to day
for this coming month fun :) going to be using:
Captains Choice Venture
Fine a platinum
PAA Grey

I also kinda want to buy the SV Opuntia :) so might be a good excuse to do so :)
+1 on Executive Man - liking that dcent very much (although truth be told I base my choice on previous reviews from B&B). And I can add The AlphaMen 2.0, smells very similar to Executive Man. It’s a Dutch brand, but I am almost certain the soap is made in Italy by the soap company from The Goodfellas Smile.

Guido

20220728_135639-01-01.jpeg

Just a short reminder: we're starting on Monday...

...and it'll be gooooood! 🤩

1) JAHE
2) JWCowboy
3) Tathlum
4) Mike M
5) Haggis*
6) tehnothing
7) KMF79
8) Grundi*
9) CKMaui*
10) Guido75*
11) GlazedBoker*
12) Cino*
13) GR5233
14) AlphaFrank75*

I can't imagine wanting to smell Aventus everyday, but every now and then. Yeah, I can do that.

*every now and then

I can't imagine wanting to smell Aventus everyday, but every now and then. Yeah, I can do that.

*every now and then
Nice to have you in...

The soaps I seek to rotate are different enough to provide enough varity for a month. I totally dig this scent profile - in all variations. :)🍍

But it's totally fine if you are in every now and then only...

Besides. Mrs JAHE is a fan, too.
I'll be a good month for me...

The Simpsons Flirting GIF

🤣

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!
🍍😀🍍😀🍍😀🍍😀🍍

Date​
01.08.2022 Mild? Monday​
Main Focus:1/31 Days in GRUME (3.2% competed and still in)
210/213 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors Summer
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
Cream:The Alpha Men 2.0
Aftershave:Floïd The Genuine
Balm:Executive Man
Bowl:Proraso tub / Face lather
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (W-E)
ATG (S-N)
With Gillette Slanted and Gillette Slide strokes
Razor:English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade:Shark Super Chrome (10)
Rating:10/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

After seeking advice from @RenoRichard on which Tech to get, I am so grateful to have found this beauty and close to where I live even (seller preferred his Slim Adjustable). I cannot wait for further shaves. Great start of the day
:thumbup1:

View attachment 1497466

Extended notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11868838

20220801_084848-01.jpeg
For the debut shave of All Aventus August 2022 I chose some new to me stuff... WSP Olympus made it's way to Germany with a lot of covid related twists before she finally arrived, right in time!

The performance of the soap is a great joy, she created a slick and copious lather. The splash is very fruity, too, and reminded me of freshly cut ripe pineapples. Nice.
These products paired perfectly with the (less fruity) fragrance of the day, Montblanc Explorer EdP.

Other gear used: Graydog Chichen x Shavemac D01 Silvertip, Wolfman WR2 DC 1.30/1.55 loaded with a Schick Super Stainless blade (8).

Overall, a BEAUTIFUL smooth BBS shave and a perfect start into A³.

Happy 🍍🍍🍍 shaves!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
View attachment 1497489For the debut shave of All Aventus August 2022 I chose some new to me stuff... WSP Olympus made it's way to Germany with a lot of covid related twists before she finally arrived, right in time!

The performance of the soap is a great joy, she created a slick and copious lather. The splash is very fruity, too, and reminded me of freshly cut ripe pineapples. Nice.
These products paired perfectly with the (less fruity) fragrance of the day, Montblanc Explorer EdP.

Other gear used: Graydog Chichen x Shavemac D01 Silvertip, Wolfman WR2 DC 1.30/1.55 loaded with a Schick Super Stainless blade (8).

Overall, a BEAUTIFUL smooth BBS shave and a perfect start into A³.

Happy 🍍🍍🍍 shaves!
Beautiful Brush!

Going to try to use this Aventus month to narrow down my blades and some of my soap and to decide if I want to keep the timeless as I prefer my Wolfman these days both are amazing razors of course :)

soap wise I would be fine with one or two choices these days and call it good as I tend to want to use just my fav anyway :)

I do have SV Morado arriving on Thur so Fri and a couple other days are going to go to my new soap of course :)

Soaps I have to use this month
DG Sellout
Captains Venture
Fine A platinum
PAA Grey
Stirling executive man

Splashes just the Venture and Fine A platinum

63DAEA21-307B-4051-B843-365E04665DBB.jpeg

Top Bottom