What's new

2nd Annual “I Miss Christmas” (PIF Giveaway Game, Round 7)

From an outsider - you all are awesome. I can't help buy to watch all these videos and be jealous of all the awesome generous "Christmas" presents going around. I was too new to jump in the action this time around, but I'll be sure to be in the next one, this just looks like too much fun to not!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I continue to be impressed by the thoughtfulness reflected in these gifts.

I got a nice package in the mail, yesterday! I'm going to see about setting up for a video a little later on!

We are still waiting to hear from my buddy. We haven't heard from him in this thread for a while, so hopefully everything is OK.

Well done on the gifts everyone. This is a blast!

EDIT: Just heard from my buddy who did receive the package. Some life things have kept him from being able to jump on the Web, but he wanted everyone to know he will post soon [emoji106]

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yee-haw! I finally got the younger boy together to film me opening the package, and let me tell you it was worth the wait! The videos (videos, really, see below) are uploading to YouTube as I type this, and I may have to add links later on, but here's the photo:

$PIF stuff.jpg

I got me a virtually new puck of MWF (about my favorite!), a new and exciting soap (First Canadian South Simcoe Sandalwood--yum!), a tasting glass and drinking glass from Granville Island Brewery (I've even had some of their beer), a Pilot 78G fountain pen, some Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black ink, some Noodler's Apache Sunset Ink, and a wonderful notebook. Wow! WOW! :w00t::thumbup:

What thoughtful gifts! Jeffery, I cannot thank you enough!!!

So, the video links are coming . . . !

I must say gents, I'm very impressed with the PIFs being given out in this game. I didn't expect any less from the fine gents here, but it's still so great to watch this all unfold.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yes, I adore all the gifts. I'm excited about the Pilot, very much so. If I weren't just about to leave for a Boy Scout weekend, I'd probably spend the day playing around with it! Here is the FIRST of the opening videos:

Last edited by a moderator:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
And the second:

Note that my younger son shot the first video, but SWMBO shot the second. SWMBO sometimes has tremors. Sorry about that, folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized I hadn't posted a photo of all the goodies together from my buddy. Truly, they are an embarrassment of riches. I don't know quite how else to describe them. I have enjoyed diving into these treasures already. Thanks again to my buddy, Billy, for his thoughtfulness, and to KJ, for spearheading the fun!

proxy.php

I just realized I hadn't posted a photo of all the goodies together from my buddy.

Awesome! I just figured you were having a hard time getting all that stuff into one picture. Did you have to go buy a wide angle lens? Lol

Enjoy it! Loved your video. Thanks for posting!

A few updates from my gifts. I have been loving the D.R. Harris Arlington shave stick. This soap will be a permanent part of my rotation. As for the Soap Cabin Bay Rum soap, I used it this morning and could not get a good working lather. I tried everything I could and I just could not get the lather to stay. My shave with a Gem Featherweight was very rough. The only scent it had was a soapy scent, no Bay Rum at all. I will bowl lather this soap the next time to help me dial it in. I finished the restore of my brush, using the knot I received. You can see the full restore in this link. Thank you again @aspirin54 for the great gifts.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/450116-My-First-Rubberset-Restore
Here is the before and after photo.

proxy.php
proxy.php

A few updates from my gifts. I have been loving the D.R. Harris Arlington shave stick. This soap will be a permanent part of my rotation. As for the Soap Cabin Bay Rum soap, I used it this morning and could not get a good working lather. I tried everything I could and I just could not get the lather to stay. My shave with a Gem Featherweight was very rough. The only scent it had was a soapy scent, no Bay Rum at all. I will bowl lather this soap the next time to help me dial it in. I finished the restore of my brush, using the knot I received. You can see the full restore in this link. Thank you again @aspirin54 for the great gifts.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/450116-My-First-Rubberset-Restore

Glad you are enjoying the DR Harris and had success with restoring the Rubberset. Sorry that the Gems don't work for you as well as the Soap Cabin.

Top Bottom