⠤⠀⠤⠒⠉⠀⠙⠛⠷⠶⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠠⠤⠴⠛⠁⠀⠀⠉⠙⠒⠛⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣾⣿⠇⠀⠑⠲⠴⠖⠛⠙⠓⠶⠖
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠒⠶⠒⠋⠓⠦⣀⣀⣀⡴⠛⢦⣀⣠⡴⢦⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⠤⠖⠚⠉⢻⣶⣶⡶⠛⠦⠤⡤⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⡴⠳⣄⡀⠀⠀⣀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠚⠿⠟⠛⠿⠛⠟⠻⠺⠟⠗⠚⠟⠿⠃⠀⠸⠿⠟⠛⠻⡿⠿⠷⠦⠶⡗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Soap: Tabac

I'd like me a plug of that their chew, captain.

That there is not tabaco. Now go swab the deck for not knowing that it is Tallow Tabac Tuesday. Rrrrrr

Razor: Fatip Nobile Gentile
Blade: Shark Platinum Super Stainless (46)
Brush: Omega boar brush
2 pass some touch up DFS.
There was no🩸in the water.​

First time swimming shaving with a Shark!

full

The first pass went fine and left little clue that I was swimming with a rough Shark, probably because I had a close shave yesterday. The second pass cleared 80% of my stubble, but it might hold the record for the slowest pass I have ever done! It started out OK, but by the end it was getting pretty uncomfortable. The full sharpness, or lack thereof, was on full display. It was a Shark without it's dentures in! All thrashy thrashy, no bitey bitey. By the time I got to the third pass, there was little left to do. Thankfully. A little soreness, but it didn't linger after the LEA aftershave numbed it. This wasn't particularly pleasant, but I will be back Friday after giving my face a break to use the second edge. Hopefully, it won't be worse than the first one!

No blood in the water!

My second SW2022 Shave was with one of my trusty Custom Gibbs. I use a Gibbs at least once a fortnight but have never used a Shark in one, so a new experience.

The Brush was an Alpha Outlaw with a Manchurian and stick was Palmolive.

A Gibbs is somewhat an auto-pilot shave for me. I set this one "N" and did a ATG pass then dialed it up to 5 for the WTG pass plus some buffing and ended up with a great BBS to face the day.

No muss - no fuss and no blood in the water today, not that I expected any.

SOTD220727.jpg

Wed 27 Shark Week🦈
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Aftershave PAA Cavendish Splash
Wow...!! Super awesome Soap and Splash for the aromatic pipe scent which really lasted. The rich creamy, and very slick lather is just great!
This shave with one of my fav vintage razors paired with the blade was very very good. 3 silky smooth+efficient passes=bbs finish. No blood this morning...too silky smooth for any bite😅 A very enjoyable session! I just love the wonderful aromatic pipe smell...mmmm!!
20220727_103054.jpg

Date​
27.07.2022 Shark week​
Main Focus:27/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
205/208 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
4/7 Days in Shark Week
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
Cream:Lavanda
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso tub / Face lather
Brush:Unbranded synthetic travel brush
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (W-S)
ATG (S-N)
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Nickel with gold Gentile baseplate
Blade:Shark Super Chrome (5)
Rating:8.5/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Nothing really changed compared to yesterday. I felt the blade more this morning, but still comfortable. Two passes and a XTG completion pass and I was done. No BBS but I could definitely get away with this during office hours, no problem.

The Piccolo Gentile is a dependable partner for riding with sharks. Nimble and versatile. You can get away with a little pressure here and there - something I cannot (and will not!) do with some of my other razors.

And this Lanvanda, man! I use peasize dollops for lathering, but BOOM - lather is there for four passes if I want to. Brush is quite nice too for a travel brush. I might even include it in my normal rotation.

Fatip il piccolo storto
Shark Platinum (3)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Pure Badger XL
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Age Bay Rum
Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum lotion

This Italian gold teethed shark beak was happy to accomodate the platinum blade and provided a very smooth and sufficiently efficient shave.
No scent of blood to be picked up here, swim along sharks!

full

7/27/22
Soap - Italian Barber Amici
Brush - Omega 24mm boar
Razor - RazoRock Old Type
Blade - Shark Super Chrome (2)
Aftershave - Gillette cool wave
Result - BBS
2nd use of this blade was smoother then the last shave. Little to no irritation.
1st use with the Omega brush. Smaller knot then my other boar brushes. Will take some getting use to. It performed very well!
full

Shark Week SOTD
86B2FC9E-6D24-4B6F-B44E-AB8A971AFDB7.jpeg

Soap: Arko
Brush: Omega Jade
Razor: Razorock Lupo .72
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)

Well, there was no blood, but the blade was wicked tuggy this morning. I had to really fight the Shark to keep from getting bit. Certainly not the most enjoyable shave ever. Wouldn’t be surprised if my neck gets kinda itchy this afternoon. I only have the one Shark variety, but I may try a different blade tomorrow.

7.5/10

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Yates 921 medium plate
Shark Super Stainless 2nd use
Fine L’Orange Noir soap. Great lather and nice scent.
Shore Shave boar brush.
Thayers witch hazel
Fine L’Orange Noir aftershave
Proraso white balm
Alum feedback. Face-low. Neck-low.
Very nice shave. Comfortable and close. This razor and blade combo go well together.
9.5/10

27A92D4D-08D2-49B2-87A2-AEC690F78B64.jpeg

🦈🦈 SOTD #4 // Blackland Blackbird Ti // Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee Soap and Splash // Simpson M7 Manchurian // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Shark Super Chrome (2)
3FD42F13-2098-40FD-88E1-9F729029EE98.jpeg

Another DFS today. I have to say it’s a bit of work to achieve due to a lack of sharpness but I do find these blades to be smooth enough and not at all rough to add the required extra pressure to cut my beard. A more than acceptable shave from this blade.
Again sorry to report, no blood in the water. Tomorrow I will try the Super Stainless. 🦈🦈🦈

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 2
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Zenith Boar
Aftershave: None, it's summer. (not that I never use it, I'm also seeing how different soaps by themselves leave my skin. )

Day 3 on the Platinum blade. A nice drama free shave. Having used the 6S on plate 3,4 and now 2. On plate 2 I would not fear any blade in this razor. What plate 2 does is make one have to get a good angle and will separte sharper from less sharper blades. The Shark Platinum is a nice useable blade for me, but I don't see it as a blade I'd buy in bulk. The Personas I have, Med Prep and Lab Blue, I like better. I need to try a Feather on plate 2 to see what a very sharp blade can do and see if sharpness makes up for what I'm missing in the the Platinum. Who knows, it may not.

It's safe to go back into the water.

Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 2
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Zenith Boar
Aftershave: None, it's summer. (not that I never use it, I'm also seeing how different soaps by themselves leave my skin. )

Day 3 on the Platinum blade. A nice drama free shave. Having used the 6S on plate 3,4 and now 2. On plate 2 I would not fear any blade in this razor. What plate 2 does is make one have to get a good angle and will separte sharper from less sharper blades. The Shark Platinum is a nice useable blade for me, but I don't see it as a blade I'd buy in bulk. The Personas I have, Med Prep and Lab Blue, I like better. I need to try a Feather on plate 2 to see what a very sharp blade can do and see if sharpness makes up for what I'm missing in the the Platinum. Who knows, it may not.

It's safe to go back into the water.

’Safe to go in the water??’

Your homework is to watch JAWS!! :behead::behead::behead:

Top Bottom