What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

ShArko Shave Day 4! Really a very good shave just one little weeper on my neck so technically there was blood in the water folks. No shark attack tho as I managed to swim ashore using my alum paddle board. The life guard gave the all clear sign when someone said they saw a shark fin. I knew better tho!

Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo brush
Muhle R41 which I am loving thanks again to @Eben Stone for a wonderful PIF
Shark SC blade
And of course, Sir Arko of the tub variety

4EF407A6-9447-4751-AC0D-A414CB639434.jpeg
F9931ECB-C30B-4D04-8D03-BAE141A2C497.jpeg

Day 4
Brush: Whipped Dog silvertip
Razor: Gillette Slim @7
Soap: Williams
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (2nd shave)
The Shark bit this time. [emoji1655][emoji1655] 2 weepers. This blade is done, and I'm returning to the SS tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Shark Week 2021 Shave #4

Razor: RazoRock JAWS .84
Blade: Shark SC (4)
Soap : 345 Shark Bite
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
AS : 345 Shark Bite

Blood in the Water!!!
Shark jumped out of the water and got me twice today. Maybe the soap I used today had something to do with it too. :boat:

View attachment 1296804
I mean, that may have been tempting fate a bit.

Kind of self fulfilling prophecy 🦈

Last edited:
Face shave
Shark SS #2 and last!
Fatip Piccolo Slant gold
MDC
Muhle synthetic
Proraso green AS
Aquavelva 5-1

2+ pass shave no drama, no blood BUT moderate irritation, it wasn't as close as others and I did not obsess with reaching BBS.
For my beard/scalp, these tend to be good blades for 2 uses. The attraction is/was 5.99 for 100.

Might try the platinum if I find it.....the Chrome version I find rough....not sure if corking them might help....but probably not. Life is too short. The vids on shark week are AMAZING

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
E4DA96CF-289B-4BFC-865F-1F7B5A2D3E0A.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSquadron Soap Six One Seven, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Fallen Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTatara Nodachi OC, Portugal 🇵🇹
BladeShark SC, Egypt 🇪🇬
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceLibertine, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

Razor: Rocnel Sailor 2020
Blade: Shark SC
Brush: Rubberset 400 / OM Ferrule Synthetic Tux
Soap: Rondavel - Wild Dagga & Cedar

A small bit of blood in the water today. I needed a buff along a small section of my jawline. I should have just done the small buff and stopped when I was ahead but decided to do a full XTG and caught a small Shark Bite at the corner of my mouth. Cold water closed it.

SOTD210715.jpg

5A06E56F-79FC-484C-9233-A7428358AFEB.jpeg

🛥⚓🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK
Shave: 2
Monday July 12 2021
Soap: CBL Ghost Pineapple
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Shark Platinum (7)
first use was 8-15-20
Brush: Omaga Boar
2 pass some touch up DFS.
There was a little 🩸
Aluna to help put the salt back in the water

Went to see the pre teens. They were a little to playful!​

Shark Week (Arko Sharko), day 5 of 8 days week

Blood in the water!

Game Changer 84 Open Comb
Shark Platinum
RazoRock Beehive
Arko stick

The lather from Arko was good and well hydrated, only it couldn't save me from several weepers.
I cannot remember the last time I had so many weepers, they showed after the pass was completed.

Yes I didn't felt comfortable with the blade, it died on me mid shave.
For me the Shark brand seems to be inversely proportional, ie the Platinum is the worst, Super Chrome is great and I don't know how the SS version is.

The Shark Platinum is good for 2 shaves at the most, and those 2 shaves are actually very good, the third shave is very uncomfortable.

I cannot blame the razor for this because Game Changer 84 Open Comb is very well behaved razor and it shows the quality of the blade as is.

Well, I'll take out the new Shark Platinum blade tomorrow and see if the 8th day of the Shark Week will be bloody or not.

It will again be the 3rd shave for the Platinum blade.

Finished the shave with hot water rinse and witch hazel.

I'm in serious need of an efficient razor, I'm going through never-stop-learning 's thread of efficient razors.

No pics today, I was miffed by the mediocre shave.

Shark Super Chrome (6) in DsCosmetics DS-D8-T

1626349102193.png

What a difference a razor makes - the Yaqi slant made this blade feel dangerous, but the DsCosmetics razor made it feel like a massage with mink gloves. No chance of getting cut here, and a 2-pass BBS resulted.

The Boss has begun to refer to my shaving brush as "Pat" because, in her view, it looks like Patrick Mahomes. So Pat and arko made for a good smooth shave.

Since this is my first stick of arko, I can't help but agree with others - this smells like a "Last gas for 300 miles" restroom.

Sharko 5 Blood In The Water

Razor Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade Shark Super Stainless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Violet Blue synthetic
Soap Arko
Tonic Lucky Tiger
Balm Captain's Choice Lime (not used)
AS Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS Two Small Weepers

I had my first shave today with my Wolfman razor and it was amazing. The Super Stainless was as smooth as a razor blade can be. I had let my beard grow in along my jawline and took it down to a Goatee/circle beard again. The Wolfman/Shark combo took it down effortlessly but in the process lopped off the top of a couple small bumps I didn't even know that I had. Too many teeth I suspect. No irritation and the feedback from my aftershave was very minimal. The Wolf Shark combo can run with the big dogs!

Sharko 5.jpg

07353328-46EB-47C0-91B0-3A18B3C981B5.jpeg

Shark week SOTD #5

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (5)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: Sea Glass / 26 mm PAA Nexus
Aftershave: Stirling Electric Sheep

Good morning! Face lathered Electric Sheep for a lather that could not be beat. The Shark blade was exceptionally smooth today. Not to jinx myself, but I think this Shark is a friendly shark. No nicks, cuts, or weepers. DFS+

Sharko 5 Blood In The Water

Razor Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade Shark Super Stainless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Violet Blue synthetic
Soap Arko
Tonic Lucky Tiger
Balm Captain's Choice Lime (not used)
AS Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS Two Small Weepers

I had my first shave today with my Wolfman razor and it was amazing. The Super Stainless was as smooth as a razor blade can be. I had let my beard grow in along my jawline and took it down to a Goatee/circle beard again. The Wolfman/Shark combo took it down effortlessly but in the process lopped off the top of a couple small bumps I didn't even know that I had. Too many teeth I suspect. No irritation and the feedback from my aftershave was very minimal. The Wolf Shark combo can run with the big dogs!

View attachment 1296988

Congratulations on your Wolfman! That’s an awful lot of teeth for one shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
07712A71-3080-463A-A653-EBE9B6707974.jpeg

Shark Week shave number 4. Much better today. Shave number 2 on the Shark Super Stainless. I only opened up one of the past days weepers, and the shave was much more satisfactory then the previous attempts. I still have to be very wary at the bottom of the neck line. Hopefully I can get this blade to get me to Sunday And the end of another Shark Week.

Top Bottom