What's new

The Game Changer

I have the milder GC but switched to the .84, and it has been my daily driver since I got it last year. Been in this hobby for years and I have plenty of other razors to compare it to. In my opinion it is a game changer.

Agreed, I have used both plates for several weeks, compares really nicely to my other razors. The .84 is great as daily driver.

Thanks. What didn't you like about the MR11?
I just didn't feel it was a good match for the Gamechanger. I used it for a Razorock Old Type and for a while with an Edwin Jagger DE89. Functionally I have no complaints with it. It's just that aesthetically it didn't look to me like it belonged on the Gamechanger.

I just didn't feel it was a good match for the Gamechanger. I used it for a Razorock Old Type and for a while with an Edwin Jagger DE89. Functionally I have no complaints with it. It's just that aesthetically it didn't look to me like it belonged on the Gamechanger.

Thanks. I am going to give one a try. Would like to make the GC a bit shorter.

I think it’s always been $54.99. It was at least when I bought it several months ago. $49.99 is the price without the handle.

The $49.99 thing still happens when I pull up the page then changes to $54.99 when it fully loads. The entire razor with various handles are pictured for $49.99. When I bought mine I even tried quickly clicking on the "add to cart" button hoping I could get it $5.00 cheaper! (No such luck.)

The $49.99 thing still happens when I pull up the page then changes to $54.99 when it fully loads. The entire razor with various handles are pictured for $49.99. When I bought mine I even tried quickly clicking on the "add to cart" button hoping I could get it $5.00 cheaper! (No such luck.)

Strange. :a44:

Any one would comment how game changer 64 and game changer 84 compare in terms of aggressiveness to Edwin Jagger 89 and Merkur 34 ?
This was probably reviewed already, please point me out to this.
Thanks

Any one would comment how game changer 64 and game changer 84 compare in terms of aggressiveness to Edwin Jagger 89 and Merkur 34 ?
This was probably reviewed already, please point me out to this.
Thanks

My .63 GC is slightly more efficient that my EJ. The .63 GC has a sweet spot, but doesn’t take long to find it. You can throw any blade in the .63. My .84 GC completely blows my EJ out of the water in efficiency no matter what blade I use.

My .63 GC is slightly more efficient that my EJ. The .63 GC has a sweet spot, but doesn’t take long to find it. You can throw any blade in the .63. My .84 GC completely blows my EJ out of the water in efficiency no matter what blade I use.
Thanks
It seems it would make more sense to get .84 mm gap then.
Which handle do you prefer on GC ?

Rumor has it the .68 will not be made anymore. It's a shame.

That is indeed a shame. My daily now is the .84 but the .68 is certainly a good razor that I use from time to time. I am waiting for my Mamba 70 to see if it's more efficient that the .68

Anyone else find the GC84 a little bit bitey?

I got mine and used it today and the shave was good very good but the razor felt a little aggressive and bitey.

The Karve D plate has a gap of 0.98mm and it's buttery smooth. The C plate feels like I forgot the blade in the razor and that's the same gap as the GC.

I'm guessing the GC has a good bit more blade exposure?

Anyone else find the GC84 a little bit bitey?

I got mine and used it today and the shave was good very good but the razor felt a little aggressive and bitey.

The Karve D plate has a gap of 0.98mm and it's buttery smooth. The C plate feels like I forgot the blade in the razor and that's the same gap as the GC.

I'm guessing the GC has a good bit more blade exposure?
I can't compare it with the Karve, because I don't own one (or at least not yet), but I do not find the GC .84 to be aggressive and "bitey" at all. While I do find it to be quite efficient, in that I can get a very close shave with 2 passes, I don't find it to feel more aggressive than my EJ DE89, for example. And I find it smoother than a Rockwell 6C on plate 5 and much smoother than a Fatip piccolo.

I can't compare it with the Karve, because I don't own one (or at least not yet), but I do not find the GC .84 to be aggressive and "bitey" at all. While I do find it to be quite efficient, in that I can get a very close shave with 2 passes, I don't find it to feel more aggressive than my EJ DE89, for example. And I find it smoother than a Rockwell 6C on plate 5 and much smoother than a Fatip piccolo.

Interesting to read about the comparison to the 6C.

I use the 6C on plate 6 and find it smooth and never aggressive. The GC84 OTOH feels like it'll bite any second. It's not very aggressive, I may have overstated that part, but it does feel bitey.

I'll keep using it for a while and see how I adjust to it because it may even be that my Karve technique doesn't suit the GC.

But man, it's a snazzy looking razor for sure!

Interesting to read about the comparison to the 6C.

I use the 6C on plate 6 and find it smooth and never aggressive. The GC84 OTOH feels like it'll bite any second. It's not very aggressive, I may have overstated that part, but it does feel bitey.

I'll keep using it for a while and see how I adjust to it because it may even be that my Karve technique doesn't suit the GC.

But man, it's a snazzy looking razor for sure!
My theory is that we all shave slightly differently - the angle, the way in which we attack our beard (with the grain first or across the grain first, etc.), the amount of pressure we apply to the razor and so on. So it's no surprise that we can use the same two razors and discover that our experiences differ. I will say that I think that both the GC and the 6C are fine razors, but for me the GC is a better all around performer.

Top Bottom