What's new

Game Changer 1.05

I have had several shaves with my new Game Changer 1.05. I had been using an aluminum Overlander and was not satisfied with the efficiency level. My first shave with the GC went fairly well except for a nasty nick trying to J-Hook and a weeper on my upper lip from too much pressure. I have since slowed down and eased up and the results are getting better. I still have a ways to go in finding the sweet spot. This is a perfect example of needing to adjust your technique to fit the razor not the other way around.
I have a Pearl Flexi inbound that I bought on a whim and have no idea what to expect. I had a Progress back in the day that shaved well but the constant blade alignment issue drove me crazy.

I have a Pearl Flexi inbound that I bought on a whim and have no idea what to expect. I had a Progress back in the day that shaved well but the constant blade alignment issue drove me crazy.

It drove me crazy, too. I just got its replacement, a Pearl Flexi -- fully-machined brass. Their QC has improved, mine has no problems.

I found the Flexi too aggressive with a Feather blade, but just right with an Astra, at 1.5. I think you'll be happy.

One suggestion:

The Flexi head is quite heavy. I found that holding it around the balance point (up near the adjustment ring) gave me better feel for what the razor was doing, than holding it mid-handle.

Have fun!

. Charles

I have had several shaves with my new Game Changer 1.05. I had been using an aluminum Overlander and was not satisfied with the efficiency level. My first shave with the GC went fairly well except for a nasty nick trying to J-Hook and a weeper on my upper lip from too much pressure. I have since slowed down and eased up and the results are getting better. I still have a ways to go in finding the sweet spot. This is a perfect example of needing to adjust your technique to fit the razor not the other way around.
Hopefully, you'll enjoy your Flexi as much as I do mine. It's proved to be a fantastic razor: smooth as silk and yet also very close.
As @cpcohen1945 mentioned, it's a heavy beast, roughly the same weight as a '58 Buick. :lol1:
So be prepared mentally for that. But just let the weight do most of the work, just guide it a bit and find the blade you like in it and I think you'll be really pleased. It's an underrated value razor.

Top Bottom