What's new

The Game Changer

Shaved with my new .84 GC today with a 2 day beard. Shaved great, very smooth and efficient.
Of course my only other razors for comparison was a Muhle 87 I believe. Too mild so I then
got an IKON SS handle and a Maggards V3 head which was more aggressive and I enjoyed
the heftiness, if not a little heavy. So the V3 was my daily driver until the GC came along.
It seems that my GC may become my new daily driver.

I've shaved with my new GC .84 for 6 straight days now. For my first shave, it mowed down 4 days growth with little effort but my main concern was what it was going to feel like after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. shave. Would it be too aggressive and result in razor burn on successive days when shaving only one day's growth? I'm very happy to report that no, I didn't experience razor burn or discomfort when using it every day. I did get a bit of tenderness below the nose but I blame that on me working that area over harder than I should have plus I was experiencing the same thing with my other razors when doing the same thing. I'll echo what many others have said about this razor, it's smooth and it's effective. Yes, you do have to consciously maintain a light touch but everyone should be doing that anyway. I love the thin/low profile head. I'm still on the fence about the barberpole handle. I love the look of it but it is kind of slippery when I hold it on the main part of the handle. To get a better hold I found myself holding it by the knob on the end of the handle which helps to keep a lighter touch while shaving. The GC .84 is not magical. My problem areas are still problem areas but this razor does provide excellent, close, comfortable shaves. This was the most expensive razor I've ever purchased and I was concerned that it wouldn't be worth the cost. My concerns are no more, it was worth the cost and then some. This razor is a definite winner and one of the best I've ever used.

I've shaved with my new GC .84 for 6 straight days now. For my first shave, it mowed down 4 days growth with little effort but my main concern was what it was going to feel like after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. shave. Would it be too aggressive and result in razor burn on successive days when shaving only one day's growth? I'm very happy to report that no, I didn't experience razor burn or discomfort when using it every day. I did get a bit of tenderness below the nose but I blame that on me working that area over harder than I should have plus I was experiencing the same thing with my other razors when doing the same thing. I'll echo what many others have said about this razor, it's smooth and it's effective. Yes, you do have to consciously maintain a light touch but everyone should be doing that anyway. I love the thin/low profile head. I'm still on the fence about the barberpole handle. I love the look of it but it is kind of slippery when I hold it on the main part of the handle. To get a better hold I found myself holding it by the knob on the end of the handle which helps to keep a lighter touch while shaving. The GC .84 is not magical. My problem areas are still problem areas but this razor does provide excellent, close, comfortable shaves. This was the most expensive razor I've ever purchased and I was concerned that it wouldn't be worth the cost. My concerns are no more, it was worth the cost and then some. This razor is a definite winner and one of the best I've ever used.
I concur, I had my third shave in 4 days and I think my GC.84 is going to work out great as my daily shaver. I'm really pleased with it, I do wonder how the other high dollar razors compare, can they really perform better for the price?

I have the milder GC but switched to the .84, and it has been my daily driver since I got it last year. Been in this hobby for years and I have plenty of other razors to compare it to. In my opinion it is a game changer.

I have the milder GC but switched to the .84, and it has been my daily driver since I got it last year. Been in this hobby for years and I have plenty of other razors to compare it to. In my opinion it is a game changer.

Yup I agree it’s great. Quality at a low price..what’s not to love.

I just ordered the 0.84 Radio Knob. [emoji1360]

proxy.php

I am sure you will enjoy it! My .68 has become my daily driver. Been using it since Christmas. I prefer the barberpoll but also use the radio knob.

Did they raise their price on the GC? I seemed to recall it was $49.99 regardless of handle...

I think they did raise the price. I was watching their site for weeks to monitor availability of the GC and whenever I pulled up the bookmarked page, it would come up very briefly showing the price of $49.99 but when the page fully loaded it would be at the $54.99 price.

I think they did raise the price. I was watching their site for weeks to monitor availability of the GC and whenever I pulled up the bookmarked page, it would come up very briefly showing the price of $49.99 but when the page fully loaded it would be at the $54.99 price.

I think it’s always been $54.99. It was at least when I bought it several months ago. $49.99 is the price without the handle.

Top Bottom