What's new

The Game Changer

Decided I would try a Crown blade in the .68 this week. First shave 3 passes with touch ups and still had some rough spots. No irritation but not a great shave. ATG was not comfortable. 2nd shave today was not comfortable. ATG was very bad. Gave up after 2 passes. The Crown is in the bin. Perhaps I will finish the week with a Feather.

Decided I would try a Crown blade in the .68 this week. First shave 3 passes with touch ups and still had some rough spots. No irritation but not a great shave. ATG was not comfortable. 2nd shave today was not comfortable. ATG was very bad. Gave up after 2 passes. The Crown is in the bin. Perhaps I will finish the week with a Feather.
I found Crown blades okay, Big Ben were crap, Asco on the other hand were excellent. Haven't tried Lord blades of any sort yet though.

I found Crown blades okay, Big Ben were crap, Asco on the other hand were excellent. Haven't tried Lord blades of any sort yet though.

I used a Lord last week. It was comparable to a Voskhod. Not as smooth as an Astra SP but still good.

All 3 of those blades are made by Lord Int'l in the same factory as Lord blade so technically you have tried a Lord of some sort, but I know what you really meant though...

GC .84-p (Weber Wave handle)
Valobra Soap
Perma-Sharp Sharp Super

(Smooth Shave/Perfectly BBS)

Just had one of my best shaves ever.... just BRILLIANT. I'm glad I put the Weber Wave handle on the GC .84. It appeared to be easier to control the downward pressure than with the original Superb Knurl. Zero irritation.

First Face Shave

RazoRock Game Changer .84 Super Knurl
Derby Premium
RazoRock F-400 synthetic
MWF

Results: Smooth, FANTASTIC BBS!!!! But watch out :)

My first report was after a head shave, as posted above. After a true face shave of a 2 day beard, I see the GC .84 as a more aggressive razor than I experienced on my head. I like medium to moderately, high aggressive razors. Upon this shave, I'd rank the GC .84 around a KARVE plate-F, ATT H1, or Timeless 0.95 open comb, scalloped cap. It was very smooth, though! I got a few weepers along my usual areas of the neck when going ATG, sideways across the neck. Most razors will do that to me, not unusual. I got (1) true nick in the chin area. For my face, I'd place the GC .84 like a KARVE plate-E in smoothness and a plate-F in efficiency and/or aggressiveness, blade feel. I'm going to like it. I'm also going to respect it. I know my razors well. I got a phenomenal shave! This one will be a keeper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is my finding also.
I use the karve with D plate and the GC84 feels much more aggressive without shaving any closer (which makes sense since the D plate has a bigger gap).

I also prefer the GC with a slightly lighter handle.

Little resurrection here, thought I’d share Joe’s post from yesterday:

997FBA56-A64B-48A8-92E8-97CFF2D8D4D1.jpeg

OC in development!

proxy.php

Bumping this one. I remember seeing some posts about people who had polished their game changers.
Any thoughts on using this to do it?

Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I came across this picture today from Razorock on instagram. Those teeth look thin on the left base. I wonder which is .84 base?

51550ED9-236B-43A5-83D4-109716591D12.jpeg

Very nice. I've come across truly well made OC's that are smooth and well made, but also a few that had sharp or at least uncomfortable edges. I hope they do surprise us with the quality.

I'm definitely in for an OC plate.

Top Bottom