What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

Not yet but I’m going to be shortly. A friend is helping me with a visual image that will show it as well as an explanation sheet. I’ll probably put it in the Aristocrat thread or I may create new thread doing a shave review where I use it. I’ve had some pm’s from members asking for info on it so I’m pushing to get it done.

Thank you for asking.
appreciate your effort, sounds like you have a technique most of us could benefit from trying, iif there is anyway to let me know, PM or something, when you get to sent out, would appreciate it, as would many others I am sure..

Depends on my beard growth/stubble.

Gillette Aristocrat #16 for shorter growth (using a Gillette SB or Feather Blade)
Gillette Aristocrat #21 for longer growth (using a Gillette SB or Rubie blade)

Both razors are absolutely fantastic.

Think of your Paradigm as I liken my Gibbs to that. A perfect balance of both smoothness and efficiency.
Also I find using my Skin stretch short stroke technique I can not only get closer shaves with all my razors that I couldn’t before using the traditional long stroke 3 pass technique but I can achieve BBS in less passss. Example with my Level 3 Charcoal I can now be there in 1 1/2 passes and most others i mentioned in just 2 passes.

I look forward to reading about your technique. I also use short strokes and stretching, but the key for me is buffing. I do two passes with so much buffing that I suspect every square millimeter of my face gets 15-20 passes. It helps to have an old, irritation-resistant hide.

I look forward to reading about your technique. I also use short strokes and stretching, but the key for me is buffing. I do two passes with so much buffing that I suspect every square millimeter of my face gets 15-20 passes. It helps to have an old, irritation-resistant hide.
LOL! your a lucky guy if you have a irritation resistant hide.. you sound like @Hoka Hey aka Mark. He just doesn't get it no matter what.

As far as the technique it's similar to how you'd shave with a straight but I've modified it some so it's a bit different and at least for me and a couple other members who I've talked to over the phone about the technique and they have tried it and now use it to shave with. It works very well with more efficient razors which I know from past post we are both in you seem to like as your list of most efficient razor and mine are essentially the same. I'd be more than glad to share it with you and any other member. I should have it finished by the end of the weekend or worse case by Monday night.
I'll keep you posted.
:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Smoothest: RR Mamba
Most Efficient: Fatip Piccolo
Best Balance of Both: RR TeckII
Hey my Wolfman Jr, I mean Baili/Teck II came in today, very impressed with the shave.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Most efficient: FaTip Piccolo or Old type Gillette.
Smoothest: All of my Gillette Super Speeds and LC/SC News.

Probably not the answer you were looking for so how about this? All of my vintage Gillettes and my Weishis will give great shaves if I take the time to adjust my technique to the razor/blade combo.

Hey my Wolfman Jr, I mean Baili/Teck II came in today, very impressed with the shave.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nice! I'm glad that worked out.:001_smile There really is something special about the RR TeckII. Most people will think you're kidding with the wolfman Jr moniker, but I know you're telling the gods honest truth.

I see you found the correct handle for it. The thing they ship it with is handle shaped which confounds many people, but my understanding is that it's just send as a thread protector to prevent dust & whatnot from fouling the internal threads during transit. That said, I have found that when smelted, the stock handle makes a bakers dozen of the cutest sacrificial zinc anodes you've ever seen. I bring them with me whenever I go to the docks. When I see a rusty anchor line, I just pop one in the most beleaguered of the links, and know that I've brought some good into the world.

Also, I should note that although the TeckII is polyamorous, it shows a particular affinity for Russians (mine does at least). If you haven't tried one of the top shelf PPI blades with it yet, you're in for a treat. A Gillette Silver Blue or Nacet doesn't just sit in the razor as one might rightly expect; it very nearly snuggles. The razor and blade go so well together I sometimes exclaim in exasperation "get a room!", and once more affirm my wife's silent concern for my sanity...:001_tongu

Last edited:
Top Bottom