What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

For me (and apparently some others here too) the Rockwell 6S is the King of Smooth. As I have a rather fine and thin beard, efficiency isn't too much of an issue. Only plates 3, 4 and 5 on the 6S are useful for me, and I could stick with just plates 3 and 4, or even just one of those. If I skipped shaving for a week, some of the other razors discussed here might become a lot more relevant for me.

No one has mentioned the RazoRock MJ-90A. I just bought this razor because I was looking to try something smoother than the Feather Popular. I'm new to DE razors and I'm still learning. Does anyone has or use the MJ-90A?

Received the Timeless Aluminum on Saturday and am finding it may now be my new favorite of a smooth and efficient razor.

My Gillette Big Fellow is one of my best shavers- very smooth, and I like how the blade edge feels with this one. Some day I’d like to have it replated and use it more regularly.

Most of my shaves, I’m using a Merkur 37c, or a Fatip Grande: I slightly prefer the slant for efficiency. The 37c is probably my favourite all-around DE. (I’d like to try the 39c with the beefier handle.)

Smooth: Gillette Hybrid Tech (nicknamed "silky")

Efficient: We have a statistical dead heat between the Aristocrat #15 SB (2nd gen) & Charcoal Goods Level 2 Antique Brass (these two are almost as smooth as the Hybrid Tech, but not quite)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’m with you on smooth, Tom - nothing smoother than the Hybrid Tech. As for efficient, the Blackbird wins in my den.

Smoothest and most efficient razor, I’d have to say the Timeless .68 but I feel the Charcoal Goods Level 2 is almost as smooth, just as efficient but more comfortable and the better razor..

Top Bottom