What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

Mine are
merkur 37c
and
Gillette pre war Superspeed with Fat Handle (Triangle slot)
The latter one is a bit harsher than the former one.

Please your experiences with us.
Thank you.

M

member 119848

smoothest: Timeless solid bar 0.68 in polished stainless steel
most efficient: Mühle R41

My two are, Razorock Mamba on the smooth and Barbaros TR1 on the most efficient ends.

But if you asked the smoothest efficient razor, that would be Razorock Hawk V1, and that isn't a DE. :)

Primarily, I shave with a straight razor, but I use a DE razor for the clean-up pass. I have a Parker 24C open comb that is efficient, yet smooth, even when I use it for the complete shave.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Smoothest: Oristo w/black Diamond Like Coating
Most efficient: R41
Best compromise: Ming Shi 2000s set at 6

For me it's a tie between:

Rockwell 6s/c and the Parker Variant.

Both of these are exceedingly smooth shavers! Not gonna lie though, my RAD is kicking in for a CB Karve razor!

Smoothest - maybe Timeless 68 Ti OC. Although, I have a lot of very smooth shavers, so this choice is somewhat arbitrary.
Most efficient - Wunderbar.

Combining smoothness and efficiency, either the Timeless Ti 95 or the Wolfman SB.

On my face, speaking very generally, the more efficient the DE, the less smooth. The Paradigm 17-4 is an exception to this rule, in my experience. It's very smooth, and almost as efficient as my efficiency kings, including the R41 2011, Ikon Tech, Charcoal Goods Level 3, etc.

Qshave/Ming-Shi. I love how I can crank it up to a 4 on my 1st 2 passes and it just mows the stubble down and then I can turn it down to a 2 for my ATG pass and its so super smooth and mild.

Smoothest: Parker Variant
Most efficient: Pre-war Tech with ATT Atlas Handle

Daily driver: Parker Variant, 2 pass shave

Currently, my polished Rockwell 6s....BUT, ask me again next week, after the Karve CB w/plate D arrives. (Finally passed customs this morning, yeah).

Top Bottom