What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

View attachment 1349584

Just for the record, my new WR2 1.35 arrived a couple of days ago. Tracking had indicated it would be several more days in transit but tracking was wrong.

Used it this morning and was pleased with its initial outing.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Congratulations on your new razor!! Have you used any other WR2 gaps? If so, would you mind comparing them? I’m hesitating between 1.35 and 1.55. Had the 1.25 but I’m looking for a better efficiency while keeping the comfort factor. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic razor, but I always ended up buffing here and there.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Congratulations on your new razor!! Have you used any other WR2 gaps? If so, would you mind comparing them? I’m hesitating between 1.35 and 1.55. Had the 1.25 but I’m looking for a better efficiency while keeping the comfort factor. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic razor, but I always ended up buffing here and there.

I'm not the guy to ask about this. Also I spent a ton of time myself reading hundreds of pages of Wolfman posts trying to figure it out.

I have had a Wolfman WR2 1.15 for a few months and have posted about it a good many times on my Damn Comfortable Shaves - beginning here & continuing through yesterday's shave - mostly in very positive terms. It's surprisingly smooth and significantly more efficient than some razors.

The WR2 1.35 is brand new to me. I used it just once this morning. Here's my shave report from that one shave. That is certainly not a review of the razor.

My initial impressions of the 1.35 are very positive, but also very much uninformed especially compared to folks with a lot of experience.

proxy.php

When I was figuring out what to buy as my initial WR2 and what to buy as my second WR2 I tried to compare notes with other guys with somewhat similar skin and whiskers (as best I could). I tried to find out what razors people had used and compare their experience with those razors with mine. I figured the more I read and learned the better my chances.

It obviously helps that you've used the 1.25.

I almost went with a 1.55 because there are several people who say they love theirs. Few say the 1.55 is as smooth as the 1.15, but some say it's not that distant in smoothness. I also considered going down in gap to the 0.95 just to see if it was even smoother and almost as efficient as the 1.15.

Just based on one shave I'd say the 1.35 is significantly closer shaving than the already close shaving 1.15. However, one of my major trouble spots is my soul patch. I need some buffing with the 1.15. I did not buff today with the 1.35. I wouldn't say the SP was gloriously smoothed but it was smoother than I expected given the work I did.

To me these are razors with a learning curve. I like the 1.15 a lot more than I used to. That is entirely due to gaining experience with it.

proxy.php

Another factor is how often do you want to shave? Some say the higher gaps shave so closely you don't need a daily shave.

I'm sure you already know the homework required here. Either that or pure trial and error. At least the razors are easily sold.

I'm not sure any of that is at all helpful. If any of it seems helpful confirm it with someone more informed than me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Quick question regarding the Wolfman WR1 head. I purchased from a B&B member a WR1 .74 SB. It's a beautiful razor, but it's a tad too aggressive for me. For those of you with WR1 experience, what WR1 SB gap would you recommend for me if I decided to enter the market and put myself on the list to get a new WR1 head?

Top Bottom