What's new

WR2-SB 1.35 vs 1.45

Hello folks.
Is there anybody that can compare those two gaps ? I’m looking forward to get my self a Wolfman WR2 SB Stainless Steel with a 90 mm WRH7 Hollow handle but I'm thinking about which gap I should take. My favourite razors are a Blackbird Ti and a copper Carbon ++. I normally shave twice a week. Saturday and Tuesday. Is there a big difference in terms of aggressiveness, blade feel and efficiency between the 1.35 and 1.45 ? I personally prefer smooth and efficient razors without being to harsh or aggressive.

Hello folks.
Is there anybody that can compare those two gaps ? I’m looking forward to get my self a Wolfman WR2 SB Stainless Steel with a 90 mm WRH7 Hollow handle but I'm thinking about which gap I should take. My favourite razors are a Blackbird Ti and a copper Carbon ++. I normally shave twice a week. Saturday and Tuesday. Is there a big difference in terms of aggressiveness, blade feel and efficiency between the 1.35 and 1.45 ? I personally prefer smooth and efficient razors without being to harsh or aggressive.
You shave twice a week, are you looking for something more efficient than Blackbird?
Carbon ++ Meh! not so efficient for me

Stainless steel recommended to be less than 1.35, smooth recommended to be less than 1.25
The Look Reaction GIF by GritTV

I
You shave twice a week, are you looking for something more efficient than Blackbird?
Carbon ++ Meh! not so efficient for meim

Carbon ++ Meh! not so efficient for me
I’m looking for somebody that can compare a WR2 SB 1.35 with the 1.45

The carbon ++ and the blackbird ti , I own already.

I

The carbon ++ and the blackbird ti , I own already.
There are minimal differences between 1.35 and 1.45
The substantial difference can be felt between 1.35 and 1.55
If you want to stay halfway, go for 1.45 "effective and smooth", halfway between the two...maybe an open/closed DC 😎
1.35 I compare it to a blackbird in terms of effectiveness

The Blackbird Ti ist very efficient and the Wolfman SB I’m looking for, should be on the same level in terms of efficiency.
There are minimal differences between 1.35 and 1.45
The substantial difference can be felt between 1.35 and 1.55
If you want to stay halfway, go for 1.45 "effective and smooth", halfway between the two...maybe an open/closed DC 😎
1.35 I compare it to a blackbird in terms of effectiveness
I’ve tested a loaned 1.35 and it felt very smooth and efficient. For me smoother than my blackbird a while ago and was thinking about buying the 1.45 gap if it wasn't any more aggressive than the 1.35

I can't compare either of these 2 gaps but earlier this year I had a Ti WR2 1.25 that most said would be comparable to my Ti Blackbird but I found it nothing like it in fact. The Ti Blackbird was both, more efficient and more comfortable to me so I sold it off.

You could always have James make you a combo head with 1.35 on one side and 1.45 on the other. He doesn't charge anything extra for that option...

For me the 1.35 felt smoother than my Blackbird Ti. Yeah i know the Dual sided Gap. But not a big fan because they are not marked which gap, is which side.

The Blackbird Ti ist very efficient and the Wolfman SB I’m looking for, should be on the same level in terms of efficiency.

I’ve tested a loaned 1.35 and it felt very smooth and efficient. For me smoother than my blackbird a while ago and was thinking about buying the 1.45 gap if it wasn't any more aggressive than the 1.35
my advice is 1.55
If you want to be comfortable go 1.45 open/closed it's a good choice,1.35 you have a similar razor in your team "Blackbird"

My recommendation is 135 if you want similar to Blackbird, 155 or 165 if you want to up the efficiency and still maintain smoothness. I have 3 Ti Blackbirds, Ti 135, Ti 155 Ti 165. I have Carbon ++ both in Copper and Ti. I wouldn’t compare it to Carbon, its very different. Blackbird and Wr2 are hard to compare as they shave different, different angle and have different characteristics. Thats my comparison at least, hope it helps.

legend...the material only affects aesthetics/weight based on your shaving technique
the "construction material" affects the weight a lot and it is all subjective, there is no material better than another
If you want a good compromise, use a SS head and a TI handle and save money 😂

Top Bottom