What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

View attachment 1349584

Just for the record, my new WR2 1.35 arrived a couple of days ago. Tracking had indicated it would be several more days in transit but tracking was wrong.

Used it this morning and was pleased with its initial outing.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Congratulations on your new razor!! Have you used any other WR2 gaps? If so, would you mind comparing them? I’m hesitating between 1.35 and 1.55. Had the 1.25 but I’m looking for a better efficiency while keeping the comfort factor. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic razor, but I always ended up buffing here and there.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Congratulations on your new razor!! Have you used any other WR2 gaps? If so, would you mind comparing them? I’m hesitating between 1.35 and 1.55. Had the 1.25 but I’m looking for a better efficiency while keeping the comfort factor. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic razor, but I always ended up buffing here and there.

I'm not the guy to ask about this. Also I spent a ton of time myself reading hundreds of pages of Wolfman posts trying to figure it out.

I have had a Wolfman WR2 1.15 for a few months and have posted about it a good many times on my Damn Comfortable Shaves - beginning here & continuing through yesterday's shave - mostly in very positive terms. It's surprisingly smooth and significantly more efficient than some razors.

The WR2 1.35 is brand new to me. I used it just once this morning. Here's my shave report from that one shave. That is certainly not a review of the razor.

My initial impressions of the 1.35 are very positive, but also very much uninformed especially compared to folks with a lot of experience.

proxy.php

When I was figuring out what to buy as my initial WR2 and what to buy as my second WR2 I tried to compare notes with other guys with somewhat similar skin and whiskers (as best I could). I tried to find out what razors people had used and compare their experience with those razors with mine. I figured the more I read and learned the better my chances.

It obviously helps that you've used the 1.25.

I almost went with a 1.55 because there are several people who say they love theirs. Few say the 1.55 is as smooth as the 1.15, but some say it's not that distant in smoothness. I also considered going down in gap to the 0.95 just to see if it was even smoother and almost as efficient as the 1.15.

Just based on one shave I'd say the 1.35 is significantly closer shaving than the already close shaving 1.15. However, one of my major trouble spots is my soul patch. I need some buffing with the 1.15. I did not buff today with the 1.35. I wouldn't say the SP was gloriously smoothed but it was smoother than I expected given the work I did.

To me these are razors with a learning curve. I like the 1.15 a lot more than I used to. That is entirely due to gaining experience with it.

proxy.php

Another factor is how often do you want to shave? Some say the higher gaps shave so closely you don't need a daily shave.

I'm sure you already know the homework required here. Either that or pure trial and error. At least the razors are easily sold.

I'm not sure any of that is at all helpful. If any of it seems helpful confirm it with someone more informed than me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Quick question regarding the Wolfman WR1 head. I purchased from a B&B member a WR1 .74 SB. It's a beautiful razor, but it's a tad too aggressive for me. For those of you with WR1 experience, what WR1 SB gap would you recommend for me if I decided to enter the market and put myself on the list to get a new WR1 head?

The 1.55 has landed. I will post my initial impressions in the Wolfman Wednesday thread.

View attachment 1341387
Hey BradWorld... after searching around I was thinking about a WR2 1.05/1.55 dual gap for my first Wolf. But after reading your initial impression I'm thinking maybe I should back down to maybe a .95/1.45 dual gap. Does that 1.55 still bite or have you tamed it?

I have light hair growth and I can skip a day after a BBS shave and still be presentable for work. My thinking on a dual gap was to have two razors in one, if I ever wanted to just have a smoother less aggressive daily shaver and back off the aggression.

Quick question regarding the Wolfman WR1 head. I purchased from a B&B member a WR1 .74 SB. It's a beautiful razor, but it's a tad too aggressive for me. For those of you with WR1 experience, what WR1 SB gap would you recommend for me if I decided to enter the market and put myself on the list to get a new WR1 head?

Say mate, did you come to terms with that WR1 .74? Got some rapport going on yet?

My name is coming up on the list in a few weeks and I'm still trying to decide which way to go. I have the Lupo 72 and 95 but my go-to is definitely the 95. As for the Wolfman, I'm considering the WR2 1.15 or the WR1 in .67 or .74 gap.

I think you have the Lupo in 95 and 72 and the Wolfman in WR2 1.15 and WR1 .74 so was wondering of those razors, which is the most similar to the Lupo 95 experience. Does the .74 still feel too aggressive for you taste? Do you feel the same about the Lupo 95? Any thoughts you have along these lines would be much appreciated. I'm thinking the WR1 would shave closer to the Lupo than a WR2 but only because the Lupo was sort of based of the WR1, not from any personal experience. I just know the Lupo 95 really hits a sweet spot for me... I enjoy a bit of blade feel but still like a smooth but efficient shaver that I can use every day. Any input from Wolfman owners -especially those who've also used the Lupo- would help me out.

cheers

JCarr

Say mate, did you come to terms with that WR1 .74? Got some rapport going on yet?

My name is coming up on the list in a few weeks and I'm still trying to decide which way to go. I have the Lupo 72 and 95 but my go-to is definitely the 95. As for the Wolfman, I'm considering the WR2 1.15 or the WR1 in .67 or .74 gap.

I think you have the Lupo in 95 and 72 and the Wolfman in WR2 1.15 and WR1 .74 so was wondering of those razors, which is the most similar to the Lupo 95 experience. Does the .74 still feel too aggressive for you taste? Do you feel the same about the Lupo 95? Any thoughts you have along these lines would be much appreciated. I'm thinking the WR1 would shave closer to the Lupo than a WR2 but only because the Lupo was sort of based of the WR1, not from any personal experience. I just know the Lupo 95 really hits a sweet spot for me... I enjoy a bit of blade feel but still like a smooth but efficient shaver that I can use every day. Any input from Wolfman owners -especially those who've also used the Lupo- would help me out.

cheers
Yes, that WR1 .74 has become my absolute favorite razor. At first I thought it was a tad too aggressive...so I just kept using it. Now...it's perfect. I don't think you can go wrong with the WR2 1.15. That also shaves like a dream for me. Used it yesterday and it gave me such a close shave that my shave this morning, although comfortable and pleasant, was actually unnecessary.

Yes, that WR1 .74 has become my absolute favorite razor. At first I thought it was a tad too aggressive...so I just kept using it. Now...it's perfect. I don't think you can go wrong with the WR2 1.15. That also shaves like a dream for me. Used it yesterday and it gave me such a close shave that my shave this morning, although comfortable and pleasant, was actually unnecessary.

So the .74 is your absolute favorite and I can't go wrong with the WR2 1.15 🤔

Ok, so does the .74 have more blade feel than the 1.15? Is the 1.15 smoother? Of those 2, which receives the laurels for efficiency in your opinion? Thanks for the input.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Hey BradWorld... after searching around I was thinking about a WR2 1.05/1.55 dual gap for my first Wolf. But after reading your initial impression I'm thinking maybe I should back down to maybe a .95/1.45 dual gap. Does that 1.55 still bite or have you tamed it?

I have light hair growth and I can skip a day after a BBS shave and still be presentable for work. My thinking on a dual gap was to have two razors in one, if I ever wanted to just have a smoother less aggressive daily shaver and back off the aggression.
Yeah, it's been tamed. Still dont use it unless the mood strikes. Too many other razors. And my beard grows pretty slowly. It's quite a beasty.

Ok, so does the .74 have more blade feel than the 1.15? Is the 1.15 smoother? Of those 2, which receives the laurels for efficiency in your opinion? Thanks for the input.
I know this wasn't asked of me but I do have a. 74 sb and a 1.05sb. The. 74 does have some blade feel which I didn't like initially but I got used to using a very light touch and the shave is very smooth and very efficient at the same time. I've used the. 74 exclusively now for 5 months and have no plans to use anything else.
I know you have a 1.15 and I have a 1.05 but I find the shave with a WR2 mindless and boring. The 74sb requires some attention when using but the results are stellar.

I know this wasn't asked of me but I do have a. 74 sb and a 1.05sb. The. 74 does have some blade feel which I didn't like initially but I got used to using a very light touch and the shave is very smooth and very efficient at the same time. I've used the. 74 exclusively now for 5 months and have no plans to use anything else.
I know you have a 1.15 and I have a 1.05 but I find the shave with a WR2 mindless and boring. The 74sb requires some attention when using but the results are stellar.
Thank you. All views from the Wolfpack are welcome and that was very helpful.

I've come to believe the WR1 may be the way to go for me. I've noticed @JCarr and I seem to share similar taste in razors although I may lean a wee bit more aggressive, E-plate on the Karve for me please. After his response on the WR1 .74 and your opinion, I think the WR1 pasture would be better grazing with regards to what I prefer in a razor and that .74 gap is sounding like a great starting point. Now if I could just make a decision on basic matte vs polished, lol. cheers

JCarr

Good questions. The WR1 .74 has more blade feel than the WR2 1.15...quite a bit more. However, please don't mistake that for it being very aggressive feeling. Both razors provide a close shave, but I would characterize the overall experience of the WR2 more like the autopilot ease of the RazoRock Lupo razors. The WR1 .74 doesn't have that autopilot, carefree feel...precisely because you get more feedback. However, I will say that the more I use it, the more used to it I get ... which is kinda stating the obvious, but, I'm not as concerned about the blade feel as when I first got it.

What you absolutely can't do is compare the Lupo .72 to the WR1 Wolfman .74. The numbers look close, but the blade feel and overall experience is markedly different. Both the WR1 and WR2 Wolfman razors shave closer than any of my Lupo razors...but...the Lupo razors shave awfully good... especially considering their price point.

The only other thing I can say is...if you're looking for a closer shave, but want the same kind of feel as the RazoRock Lupo razors, then get the WR2 razor. If you would like something with a bit more blade feel, then go with the WR1. Both Wolfman razors will provide a very close, efficient shave.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Good questions. The WR1 .74 has more blade feel than the WR2 1.15...quite a bit more. However, please don't mistake that for it being very aggressive feeling. Both razors provide a close shave, but I would characterize the overall experience of the WR2 more like the autopilot ease of the RazoRock Lupo razors. The WR1 .74 doesn't have that autopilot, carefree feel...precisely because you get more feedback. However, I will say that the more I use it, the more used to it I get ... which is kinda stating the obvious, but, I'm not as concerned about the blade feel as when I first got it.

What you absolutely can't do is compare the Lupo .72 to the WR1 Wolfman .74. The numbers look close, but the blade feel and overall experience is markedly different. Both the WR1 and WR2 Wolfman razors shave closer than any of my Lupo razors...but...the Lupo razors shave awfully good... especially considering their price point.

The only other thing I can say is...if you're looking for a closer shave, but want the same kind of feel as the RazoRock Lupo razors, then get the WR2 razor. If you would like something with a bit more blade feel, then go with the WR1. Both Wolfman razors will provide a very close, efficient shave.

I hope this helps.

Very helpful indeed and more food for thought. Thanks

I signed up for the waiting list on New Year's Day - I thought you had to put your good resolutions into action right away (and no, saving money was obviously not one of them).

What kind of waiting time should I expect?

Thank you. All views from the Wolfpack are welcome and that was very helpful.

I've come to believe the WR1 may be the way to go for me. I've noticed @JCarr and I seem to share similar taste in razors although I may lean a wee bit more aggressive, E-plate on the Karve for me please. After his response on the WR1 .74 and your opinion, I think the WR1 pasture would be better grazing with regards to what I prefer in a razor and that .74 gap is sounding like a great starting point. Now if I could just make a decision on basic matte vs polished, lol. cheers
I have a Karve with the SB-E plate and also a WR1 0.74.

The 0.74 is supposed to be roughly the same aggressiveness as the WR2 1.15 so I went with the WR1 0.74 as I also have a WR2 1.35 as I wanted a milder WM and something a little different.

The 0.74 isn’t super aggressive, but it you like the Karve E, I doubt you will be disappointed. I didn’t love my 0.74 at first as it has more blade feel than my WR2 and comes across as a little rough. After a few shaves, my technique adapted and now it is my daily driver.

P.S. Both of my Wolfman razors are dual comb which I highly recommend. I love having the OC side to use the odd time. Like having 2 WM razors for the price of one.👍

I believe it’s right around four months as of now. Good luck, what did you put in for?

Thank you.

Currently I'm narrowing it down... something like WR2 1.25 SB with WRH1 90mm (solid) is a valid candidate.

But there is still a silent voice in my head whispering "get the WR2 DC 1.25/1.45 SB for the sake of variety instead". But I'm afraid it might drive me crazy to always have to pay attention to which side of the head I'm using... and the 1.25 gap will likely be used more frequently (with razors like R41, ATT H2, Blackbird OC in my den I have covered the "high efficiency base" quite well already).

Choices, choices...

Last edited:
Thank you.

Currently I'm narrowing it down... something like WR2 1.25 SB with WRH1 90mm (solid) is a valid candidate.

But there is still a silent voice in my head whispering "get the WR2 DC 1.25/1.45 SB for the sake of variety instead". But I'm afraid it might drive me crazy to always have to pay attention to which side of the head I'm using... and the 1.25 gap will likely be used more frequently (with razors like R41, ATT H2, Blackbird OC in my den I have covered the "high efficiency base" quite well already).

Choices, choices...
In the same boat... got my name on the list last month. Trying to decide on a gap, was thinking about doing a dual gap as well 0.95 sb/ 1.35 sb to have a mild smooth everyday shaver and a 2/3 day efficient shaver all in one!

Thank you.

Choices, choices...
For me the 1.25 is more efficient than either the R41 or Blackbird.

Top Bottom