What's new

Your best Easy AND Efficient razor?

Merkur 37C Slant

Love this razor! It's extremely rare for me to get a nick or a weeper. That slant is so efficient at mowing down my beard too.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I guess I’m not quite sure what you mean by respect the process. Why would I want to deviate from a sound process? None of my top razors are inclined to bite. I’m not into aggressive razors. All of them are intuitive and easy to use.
I feel the same way, except I prefer aggressive razors. The only razor I own that I haven't mastered yet is the Timeless bronze .78. All the others are intuitive and easy to use.

For me, once I've dialed in a razor, irritation is more about poor blade choice and/or poor soap choice (or poor lather consistency, even with a good soap).

While ostensibly a pyrrhic financial quest, this is a very interesting question, and it has been something I’ve been (and continue) to enjoy searching for since getting into wet shaving. I feel that any of my razors can be rough and cause irritation, which can be due to a variety of different variables discussed elsewhere on this fine forum. This is anywhere from what I (YMMV) consider the most efficient to least efficient, most aggressive to least, “mild to wild,” etc.

I’ve had what many consider very mild razors spontaneously bite out of seemingly nowhere (most likely due to user error). For instance, my first reaction to this would be the Rockwell T2 SS, however as time has progressed, it is not my most efficient nor my most auto-pilot razor. On the other hand, my Rex Ambassador, which many consider as very aggressive no matter the setting, perform incredibly mild for me.

Keeping all variables equal, as of right now, I’m really enjoying the Aylsworth Apex, the Winning V2, and my Blackbird Ti. A great way I describe these razors are “deceptively efficient” (with varying degrees), which to me is one of the greatest compliments. They achieve very smooth, enjoyable, and at the very least DFS+ quality with relative ease.

Last edited:
Keeping all variables equal, as of right now, I’m really enjoying the Aylsworth Apex, the Winning V2, and my Blackbird Ti. A great way I describe these razors are “deceptively efficient” (with varying degrees), which to me is one of the greatest compliments. They achieve very smooth, enjoyable, and at the very least DFS+ quality with relative ease.
I got my first shave in with the new Winning stainless, and can attest to its deceptive efficiency. Hardly any blade exposure, comfortable/minimal blade feel, but it left nothing behind after only two passes.

I got my first shave in with the new Winning stainless, and can attest to its deceptive efficiency. Hardly any blade exposure, comfortable/minimal blade feel, but it left nothing behind after only two passes.
It’s nice to hear you’ve had a similar experience! I couldn't agree more with you. It’s one of those razors where the specs truly don’t reveal its performance. I’m very impressed with it so far.

I'm curious about what razors the Forum will list,
as their best "Easy AND Efficient" razor.

What do I mean by that?
Its a razor that *never* bites, never causes irritation, you can use on "auto-pilot", and get a very close shave, nearly every time.

Karve Bison
Karve Overlander
Paadigm Diamondback

For me Rockwell 6C with plate 4, Yaqi Mellon SLOC, Gillette Aristocrat #58, Yaqi Mercury and the Fatip Piccolo (but the Fatip requires light pressure only so not totally auto pilot i guess.
The Fatip being the least auto pilot but the most efficient.

What is this?

Overlander, it's not a best easy and efficient razor, so I don't know why it was posted here. It's like a Henson mild, they are mild and easy to use razors, great razors, lot of fans but I don't think they are what this thread is about.

Opening post is 921-H and Blackbird, just saying, they are different razors for different people.

"Its a razor that *never* bites, never causes irritation, you can use on "auto-pilot", and get a very close shave, nearly every time."

I do 4 passes daily so my skin can take a beating!

I discovered the blackbird 2 years ago and since then, I've never had any irritation, I've not had any nicks and the shave is absolutely the deepest cutting BBS which remains smooth right into the evening with the LIGHTEST post-shave-shadow of any razor I've used...and I've used razors going up to 1.55mm gap!!

Absolutely nothing compares to the blackbird for me.
Highest efficiency with maximum comfort!!

(I use BIC chrome platinum blades)

Top Bottom