What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

I am currently on the wait list for a WR2 1.05 gap with an 80mm WRH2 hollow handle. Can anyone weigh in as to the balance of this? Will it be top heavy or is the balance fine? For reference, I currently use a Timeless 0.68 titanium at 85 mm and love it. I wish Wolfman made the WRH2 in 85mm. I appreciate anyone’s input.

I’ve been wondering the same...
My current favourite razors are Timeless Ti (85 mm handle, around 74g total weight), and SS Karve (3.25” handle, around 98g total weight).

Length wise, like you, I would prefer 85 mm, but that’s not an option, unfortunately.
I’ve been debating between a solid and hollow WRH2 handle.
Not a fan of very heavy razors, so leaning towards the hollow handle.
Having read quite a few opinions about both, it seems to be a very personal, YMMV type thing... like most choices in wet shaving... :)
It sounds like the hollow handle will make it head heavy, but whether it’s too much or not... you won’t know until you try...

Personally I’m leaning towards the 90mm hollow WRH2 handle.
Weighs 64g, so around double the weight of the WR2 head at 33g.
Which is a similar ratio (weight distribution) to the Timeless Ti: handle 51g vs head around 24-24.5g...
The 80mm WRH2 hollow handle is only 55g, so I’m guessing it would make it even more head heavy... although being shorter will move the balance point as well...

Last edited:
I am currently on the wait list for a WR2 1.05 gap with an 80mm WRH2 hollow handle. Can anyone weigh in as to the balance of this? Will it be top heavy or is the balance fine? For reference, I currently use a Timeless 0.68 titanium at 85 mm and love it. I wish Wolfman made the WRH2 in 85mm. I appreciate anyone’s input.
I have a 1.05 with the hollow 80mm wrh1 and it is perfectly balanced, at least in my opinion. I also like the shorter handle as it is very easy to maneuver around my face.

Reactions: DSR
I have a 1.05 with the hollow 80mm wrh1 and it is perfectly balanced, at least in my opinion. I also like the shorter handle as it is very easy to maneuver around my face.

I have the same, but WRH2. I don’t notice any balance issues. To be fair, I don’t really notice razor balance at all. I’d rather have the weight reduction and shorter handle similar to a vintage Gillette. Also, balance did not seem much different than the Timeless Ti.

I just received my WR2 with WRH2 80mm hallow handle this past week. The balance is slightly toward the head compared to my Rex Ambassador and most of my other razors. However, I don't mind this at all and find it far less disagreeable to a longer or heavier handle. My preference is for short handles (about 80mm) on razors that aren't overly heavy (80-100g or so). I was initially concerned that my Wolfman configuration might be "top heavy" based on some comments I read a while back. I tend to revert to numbers to help me. So I divided the head weight (base plate + cap) by the total weight of the razor to come up with a ratio. I found my Wolfman configuration to be nearly identical to my ATT Atlas, which I have used and loved for some time. Ergo, Wolf will be no problem. That said, the RFB is noticeably more head heavy but is still quite manageable:
  • WR2 WHR2 80mm hallow --> 0.38
  • Above The Tie Atlas ---------> 0.39
  • Timeless Ti 0.95 OC ---------> 0.30
  • Gillette New RFB -------------> 0.60
Keep in mind, if the handle lengths are vastly different, this technique may not work well. Timeless Ti 85mm handle is pretty close to WRH2 80mm, though.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I just received my WR2 with WRH2 80mm hallow handle this past week. The balance is slightly toward the head compared to my Rex Ambassador and most of my other razors. However, I don't mind this at all and find it far less disagreeable to a longer or heavier handle. My preference is for short handles (about 80mm) on razors that aren't overly heavy (80-100g or so). I was initially concerned that my Wolfman configuration might be "top heavy" based on some comments I read a while back. I tend to revert to numbers to help me. So I divided the head weight (base plate + cap) by the total weight of the razor to come up with a ratio. I found my Wolfman configuration to be nearly identical to my ATT Atlas, which I have used and loved for some time. Ergo, Wolf will be no problem. That said, the RFB is noticeably more head heavy but is still quite manageable:
  • WR2 WHR2 80mm hallow 0.38
  • Above The Tie Atlas 0.39
  • Timeless Ti 0.95 OC 0.30
  • Gillette New RFB 0.60
Keep in mind, if the handle lengths are vastly different, this technique may not work well. Timeless Ti 85mm handle is pretty close to WRH2 80mm, though.
Great post, Doug!

Personally I’m leaning towards the 90mm hollow WRH2 handle.
Weighs 64g, so around double the weight of the WR2 head at 33g.
Which is a similar ratio (weight distribution) to the Timeless Ti: handle 51g vs head around 24-24.5g...
Good call. I love the weight and balance of the 90mm hollow H2 on the WR2 head. Perfection! The solid H7 on the WR2 is my second favorite combo. (I also really like the feel of the Timeless Ti.)

I for one am really happy about the pictures suggesting that measuring the safety bar plate might help one distinguish between 1.## to 1.$$. With my second WR2 on the way, I guess it's time to measure my current one for posterity and peace of mind.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Gentlemen,

By some divine intervention by the gods of shaving, my WR2 was delivered today in New Jersey a full 8 days ahead of schedule! Looks stunning! Pics and impressions to follow!

the force is strong with this one.gif

Here she is folks! Forgive the poor picture quality. It really doesn’t do the razor justice. It’s been said many times but, for those of you second guessing your orders, the basic polish is breathtaking. I did get a quick initial shave in. Just as I’d hoped, she’s every bit as smooth as the Gamechanger .84 SB yet more efficient. I used a 3rd use Nacet. Next shave I’ll settle down, use a fresh Feather as Hannah’s Dad recommends and zero in on that steep angle. More complete report to follow.

Attachments

• 96FE2F5B-43B8-4A4B-8539-60798F57A1F2.jpeg
    96FE2F5B-43B8-4A4B-8539-60798F57A1F2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here she is folks! Forgive the poor picture quality. It really doesn’t do the razor justice. It’s been said many times but, for those of you second guessing your orders, the basic polish is breathtaking. I did get a quick initial shave in. Just as I’d hoped, she’s every bit as smooth as the Gamechanger .84 SB yet more efficient. I used a 3rd use Nacet. Next shave I’ll settle down, use a fresh Feather as Hannah’s Dad recommends and zero in on that steep angle. More complete report to follow.
Congrats. What gap?

To anyone who is soon to order and is in the US, go UPS (no additional charge). USPS is a mess. My new Wolf shipped yesterday by UPS from Canada and is scheduled for delivery this Friday. USPS is taking 2-3 weeks to deliver parcels.
Paid my invoice on the 12th. When should I expect an email notification of shipment?

Top Bottom