What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
To anyone who is soon to order and is in the US, go UPS (no additional charge). USPS is a mess. My new Wolf shipped yesterday by UPS from Canada and is scheduled for delivery this Friday. USPS is taking 2-3 weeks to deliver parcels.
GREAT advice, Tom.

I just got my 1.05 WR2 with WRH7 98mm hollowed handle. Almost 2 days stubble. A much used polsilver. Perfect shave experience with face feel more akin to tatara masamune but efficency considerably greater - not sure if it is greater than paradigm diamondback and po76 but it may well be. Feels about 50 per cent closer to the titanium experience with a hollowed handle. I have the basic or textured finish but it is better than almost everybody else's best finish in my rotation except for the po76 whi h is slightly better but only because the cap underside of the wr2 does show its texture. Every else though has amazing fit and finish. I cannot imagine how the mirror finish must look like but the additional cost is too much for me at this time. I don't think ts needed.

This is definitely one of the 3 best razors I have ever used - i have to use it more to know i it is better than even the titanium po76 that is the best currently in my rotation.

Are you talking about the full Masamune or a Tatara combo, I figured the .95 would be closer to the Masamune? 1.05 appears to be very close to neutral exposure from reviews.

I just got my 1.05 WR2 with WRH7 98mm hollowed handle. Almost 2 days stubble. A much used polsilver. Perfect shave experience with face feel more akin to tatara masamune but efficency considerably greater - not sure if it is greater than paradigm diamondback and po76 but it may well be. Feels about 50 per cent closer to the titanium experience with a hollowed handle. I have the basic or textured finish but it is better than almost everybody else's best finish in my rotation except for the po76 whi h is slightly better but only because the cap underside of the wr2 does show its texture. Every else though has amazing fit and finish. I cannot imagine how the mirror finish must look like but the additional cost is too much for me at this time. I don't think ts needed.

This is definitely one of the 3 best razors I have ever used - i have to use it more to know i it is better than even the titanium po76 that is the best currently in my rotation.
Just FYI, the H&S razor is called the P076 (it’s a zero, not a letter O).

Are you talking about the full Masamune or a Tatara combo, I figured the .95 would be closer to the Masamune? 1.05 appears to be very close to neutral exposure from reviews.

My 1.05 felt slightly more aggressive than the masamune but more mild than the diamondback definitely when I used it for the first time yesterday. Also more mild than the P076. But I reckon I need to use it more and to do side by side comparisons to be more accurate. Whatever the case the 1.05 wr2 is pretty much perfect for my face and stubble - a fantastic razor with fit and finish only slightly below the p076. Yet its cutting power is very near the p076.

I’m in Jersey too. My WR2 just shipped out yesterday. I had requested UPS but it looks like they used Canada Post anyway.

Don't they have fed ex? I always preferred to use fed ex among the couriers though ups has been alright. I got my wr2 through ups and it came fast and safely. No way would I trust usps at this time as they don't seem to be coping well with the pandemic situation.

Used my new wr2 for the second time now with a used feather blade. I have no idea how Dufour does it but the 1.05 wr2 somehow has possobly best ratio between blade gap and exposure I have ever experienced. It is neck to neck with the titanium p076 but I suspect the wr2 is even ahead slightly for me as the best razor I have ever used. For the first timein my collecting experience I may even look into a second wolfman razor to see how the wr1 is like based on how superlative the wr2 has been for me.

So I have a question- if 1.05 wr2 is perfect for ones face then what is the gap that is best for the wr1? Are handles interchangeable between the wr1 and wr2? Thanks for any suggestions from owners of both models of wolfman razors.

Used my new wr2 for the second time now with a used feather blade. I have no idea how Dufour does it but the 1.05 wr2 somehow has possobly best ratio between blade gap and exposure I have ever experienced. It is neck to neck with the titanium p076 but I suspect the wr2 is even ahead slightly for me as the best razor I have ever used. For the first timein my collecting experience I may even look into a second wolfman razor to see how the wr1 is like based on how superlative the wr2 has been for me.

So I have a question- if 1.05 wr2 is perfect for ones face then what is the gap that is best for the wr1? Are handles interchangeable between the wr1 and wr2? Thanks for any suggestions from owners of both models of wolfman razors.
I too have the 1.05 and it is the best razor I've ever used. I then got a .61 OC WR1 and I was pretty disappointed. I like the head geometry better on the WR1 but there is a lot more blade feel and it wasn't nearly as smooth as the WR2. I used it for 6 weeks straight and while I got on with it a little better, I'm exclusively using my 1.05.
The handles are interchangeable for both razors and I'm back in the list for a 1.15.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

I understand the lure of obtaining a WR1 after experiencing the WR2. I had the same desire, but it was an inferior shaving experience, IMHO. The WR2 blends smoothness with cutting prowess like nothing else. But, it’s your journey! Enjoy it.

I've been enjoying the WR2 1.05 since the summer. My WR2 1.15 should arrive via UPS late next week. I'll try to let everyone know how it goes.
I was also wondering about the 1.15 wr2 but was hesitant to mess with what seems to be perfect altey with the 1.05 so far. I eagerly await your review on the 1.15 as well for this reason !

I understand the lure of obtaining a WR1 after experiencing the WR2. I had the same desire, but it was an inferior shaving experience, IMHO. The WR2 blends smoothness with cutting prowess like nothing else. But, it’s your journey! Enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing your own experience - it is an expensive proposition to get a wplfman of any type so it is good to consider yor advice.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Please do. I'm curious if you can use it as a daily driver as we both use the 1.05.

I just have to add that I was a really mild shaver prior to my entrance into the world of super high end razors. DE89, Game Changers, Timeless 68, and Techs were my tools of choice. Mild stuff. Then I started getting into Charcoal Goods and steep angle shaving. It was the artistry and amazing aesthetics that grabbed me. Got my Wolfman email right after getting my first Level 2. As much as I loved the Level 2, it was a bit much to be a daily driver, or even every other day. I was all set to get either a WR2 .95 or 1.05, when I had a few conversations with Dan @Hannah's Dad. He convinced me to go with the 1.15. And boy am I glad he did! The 1.15 is so smooth and blade neutral that I couldn’t imagine going any lower in the gap. I don’t shave every day, but I could with zero issues with the 1.15. It is a perfect combination of efficiency and smoothness. I recently got my 1.25. I have a sensitive neck, and swirling neck stubble. So it’s hard to get a bbs down there. I got the 1.25 in an attempt to get that challenging area sorted. Im not there yet. The 1.25 has a bit more blade feel than the 1.15. It’s definitely noticeable. I get my shaves a bit closer with the 1.25. The 1.15 is completely blade neutral in my experience. If I were forced to shave with one razor for the rest of my life it would be the WR2 1.15. Wouldn’t even have to think about it. It’s that good. Ymmv.

I do not mean to rub it in, but my WR2 1.15 SB/WRH1 90mm hollow (all basic matte finish) is On the UPS Truck for Delivery Today. It was shipped from Canada by UPS on Monday, January 18 to my home in St. Louis, MO. Five days in transit is excellent service. This will be my last Wolfman purchase. I have tried nearly every configuration of Wolfman razors and this set up is ideal as my daily tool.

In contrast, I sent a package by USPS to North Carolina on Friday, January 8. It spent 10 days in transit, then on day 11 it showed "departed St. Louis distribution center". It took 10 days to leave my home city. Only today did it make it to North Carolina and has yet to be delivered after 2 weeks with the USPS. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of the USPS, but they are struggling with COVID and the heavy holiday volume. This has been the case with most of my USPS shipments in the past couple of months.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

I just have to add that I was a really mild shaver prior to my entrance into the world of super high end razors. DE89, Game Changers, Timeless 68, and Techs were my tools of choice. Mild stuff. Then I started getting into Charcoal Goods and steep angle shaving. It was the artistry and amazing aesthetics that grabbed me. Got my Wolfman email right after getting my first Level 2. As much as I loved the Level 2, it was a bit much to be a daily driver, or even every other day. I was all set to get either a WR2 .95 or 1.05, when I had a few conversations with Dan @Hannah's Dad. He convinced me to go with the 1.15. And boy am I glad he did! The 1.15 is so smooth and blade neutral that I couldn’t imagine going any lower in the gap. I don’t shave every day, but I could with zero issues with the 1.15. It is a perfect combination of efficiency and smoothness. I recently got my 1.25. I have a sensitive neck, and swirling neck stubble. So it’s hard to get a bbs down there. I got the 1.25 in an attempt to get that challenging area sorted. Im not there yet. The 1.25 has a bit more blade feel than the 1.15. It’s definitely noticeable. I get my shaves a bit closer with the 1.25. The 1.15 is completely blade neutral in my experience. If I were forced to shave with one razor for the rest of my life it would be the WR2 1.15. Wouldn’t even have to think about it. It’s that good. Ymmv.

I'm with you Brad. The WR2 1.15 SB is as good as it gets for a daily shaver. The higher gaps are as smooth, but leave me not needing to shave the next day and I enjoy a daily shave. The 1.15 SB has no problem mowing down multiple days growth, so it just fits me perfectly even on those times I decide not to shave for a day or three.

Top Bottom