What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

+1! Any tugging and it is time to toss IMHO!!

I do keep count with dice, don't need to, but just a reminder that usually 6 is about the limit before I seem to get a little pulling. I knew 6 was showing on the dice and thought that the last shave it seemed strong but the 7th wasn't as nice. Might also have been that I had 4 days growth instead of the usual 2 to 3. I did get a nice shave with very little irritation which surprised me by the way it felt on the first pass.

Blades are cheap enough that I don’t have to push them to death, I’m going to replace them every 3 months no matter how well they’re still working.

Dovo Shavette with Merkur long blades will give you BBS in 2 passes. Shavette shaving is very underrated IMO. Some of the best shaves to date in my book. Great for traveling too.

My last shave was done by a barber: a classic, two-chair shop on the north side of Chicago. What did I learn? A pleasant experience, but no one can shave me as well as I can shave myself.

A LONG bath as prep along with a feather blade on its 2nd night in a 57 gillette flare tip is as good as it gets! Even my trouble spots are baby smooth including my adams apple which NEVER is. Zero feedback from the alum tells me I've reached the pinacle :0

Top Bottom