What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I discovered a new trick. I face-lather, and let that soften my whiskers as I take the time to bowl-lather.

upload_2019-4-2_16-29-59.png

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Face Lathering + Bowl Lathering = Belt + Suspenders. Thus the original picture is incorrect (the right choice, for some, not mentioning any names, is on the right and not in the middle).

Well I'm the guy on the left with the clip-ones. And they can X me all they want.[/QUOTE]

Just wear 'em with a belt.

Chan, I don't get it.

Face Lathering + Bowl Lathering = Belt + Suspenders. Thus the original picture is incorrect (the right choice, for some, not mentioning any names, is on the right and not in the middle).[/QUOTE]

For some ...... “Belt + Suspenders” can be the safest way to go ....... when shaving, planning for contingencies, or just keeping their pants up.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Face Lathering + Bowl Lathering = Belt + Suspenders. Thus the original picture is incorrect (the right choice, for some, not mentioning any names, is on the right and not in the middle).

For some ...... “Belt + Suspenders” can be the safest way to go ....... when shaving, planning for contingencies, or just keeping their pants up.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Won't hear me badmouthing redundancy.

Not that I won't make fun of just about anything.

upload_2019-4-4_12-49-3.png

Being me - and looking at myself - I'd have to have a sense of humor or I'd go nuts even more nuts.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I learnt that my skills with a straight razor needs some honing. Have not really shaved with SRs for some time, and that shavette left some tell-tale signs this morning. Nothing that some aloe did not chase away, but still.

That a brand-new fresh-out-of-the-box Qshave Futur clone may be incorrectly assembled, such that the adjustment range is effectively 7-12, and not 1-6.
It was a bit of a bloodbath, but a really close shave. It felt like using a devette.
Once I mopped up and had a chance to fiddle with the (bladeless) razor, I found that it was an easy fix. (even simpler than the fix that involves turning the moving part of the base 180 degrees to obtain symmetrical blade exposure)

I will also need to install a magnet in my den, because sometimes the blade sticks to the Qshave's cap when it's removed, and you can only grab the blade by the sharp edges. Or you can tap it out, which in my case resulted in it bouncing around and falling onto the floor. A magnet would have been handy then too.

I can (seemingly) only get two shaves out of a Feather blade in the AS-D2. Perhaps my whiskers are on the tougher end of the spectrum...

More on the QShave Futur clone:
Calling it a "safety razor" may be a bit of a stretch.
In the middle of my third shave with it I decided to bump it up from setting 3 to 4. As I was turning it my thumb slipped off the end of the cap and slid across the edge, giving me a 1/2" long cut. I had to keep my left hand elevated for most of the rest of the shave and cleanup.
Rinsed, dried (with a dark brown towel, of course), and applied a Bandaid.
Found one drop of blood on the floor afterwards.

And here I was worried about safely loading and unloading the blade. :001_rolle

Even so, I'm coming to like this razor.

- That I don't really have this type of shaving totally mastered yet. Been on this for over 3 years and get streaks of good shaves and some bad and I am in the latter lately. Going to have to either dial down the Slim or go to the Tech for a more mild shave and see if I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Top Bottom