What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Shaving with a wall mounted mirror drastically improves the quality of your shave. For the last few months I've had to shave with leaning over the sink to use a mirror on a stand. This week I've been shaving in a bathroom with a wall mounted mirror I definitely felt an improvement from being able to look at the mirror head on standing up straight.

Checked my soap ‘rotation’ this AM to find that I am all ‘tallow’ these days!! (Haslinger tallow options, Cella, Fine, etc.) And I am really enjoying my shaves! :a29::a29:

Shaving with a wall mounted mirror drastically improves the quality of your shave. For the last few months I've had to shave with leaning over the sink to use a mirror on a stand. This week I've been shaving in a bathroom with a wall mounted mirror I definitely felt an improvement from being able to look at the mirror head on standing up straight.

Same situation for me. Our new apartment has wall mounted mirrors and I was using a stand mirror with great difficulty.
Getting the overhead light installed improved the situation and now, wearing my glasses, I can see what i'm doing on my whole face not just portions as with the stand mirror.

Same situation for me. Our new apartment has wall mounted mirrors and I was using a stand mirror with great difficulty.
Getting the overhead light installed improved the situation and now, wearing my glasses, I can see what i'm doing on my whole face not just portions as with the stand mirror.
Alas, I'll be back to my stand mirror next week, but not for too long as I've ordered a shower mirror that I can hang over the sink without getting any trouble from the Landlord

I learned blades last indefinitely in a NEW shortcomb. On my second week with the same Silver Blue blade. Had not used this razor in awhile.

Used 2x my normal amount of Haslinger’s schafmilch and 2x my normal amount of water this snowy AM, then left the lather on awhile longer before starting and between passes.

GREAT SHAVE and my skin was terrific afterwards!! Then out into the elements! :a29:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
These Gem razors SE have given me some of the best shaves I can obtain with reasonable hand technique. I'm also enjoying Schick SE razors also, just part of the learning curve what is the best blade systems and razors made to date for myself YMMV.

Handles make a difference.
My Schick Grip and my "O" clone, both of which fall perfectly into my hand and line the blade up at the proper orientation for shaving, have made me spoiled and lazy.
When I switched to a Fat Handled Tech this morning, I found myself trying to shave with the end of the razor or approaching my face with the rotated at an angle to my face.
I really had to pay attention to what I was doing instead of just shaving with my eyes half opened.

My Schick Lady Eversharp injector does a better job on a first WTG pass than any of my DE razors.
For subsequent passes and directions, it depends on the DE...

I'm really starting to like the Schick injectors.

Shhhhhhhh!!! Lest too many discover this secret and the price of used injectors goes up!! :D ;)

Last few days I've discovered:

(1) The hair on my neck grows side to side, not up and down...meaning my "xtg to save my neck" technique was doing more harm than good

(2) A Schick injector is probably the simplest shave I've had

(3) Just because I need a three pass on my face doesn't mean I have to do a third pass on the neck.

- That too thick of lather, even though slick, is not a good thing. Been preferring lather a little on the thick side but today's lather with SV 70th Anniv. was a little too thick but still got an awesome shave.

Top Bottom