What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

A Tech loaded with a Rapira
And using a Proraso Red lineup
Always delivers a very good shave. Could be happy with this combo everyday.

Razorhead

There's a point where you get the itchy, visible 5 o'clock shadow but it's tricky to take down. There are ways to shave short stubble, but they don't always work. Feather blades are good for that. But today I tried a 3rd use Astra SP in a gillette president. Not so great. Missed a lot of spots and barely avoided irritation.

Next time I'll try the feather in a mild razor.

@BigJ , just for kicks, while you are traveling, try loading the Wee Scot directly on the shave stick. It has worked quite well for me.
Thanks!! Will give that a try. :a14::a14:
Ha! I wondered what the heck had happened to @StuMcB's shave stick in this photo:
upload_2018-11-25_0-48-6.png

Now I know.:laugh: Cheers! :thumbsup:

Scheermonnik soaps are amazing.
Expensive, but amazing.

A wonderful shave with a Bengall straight razor.
My skin now is extremely smooth: I might have to sand it up to 800 to go back to some level of manliness.

Lesson learned on not getting complacent. I thought I had it all down with the GC 68 and Gillette Yellows. Ended up with a minor nick yesterday and one that I swear I didn't even feel right under my chin today. Almost thinking of chucking that blade. It bit me twice so it must be cursed :p

A 2-day shave for me is much better than a 24-hour one.

I've settled into a routine as regards razor/blade combos:

Postwar Tech: Feather
NEW Short Comb: Kai
Red Tip: Astra
Slim: Gillette Silver Blue

This is the second 2-week period where I've used these combos.

A 2-day shave for me is much better than a 24-hour one.

I've settled into a routine as regards razor/blade combos:

Postwar Tech: Feather
NEW Short Comb: Kai
Red Tip: Astra
Slim: Gillette Silver Blue

This is the second 2-week period where I've used these combos.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Looks like you are approaching shaving Nirvana!! :a29::a16:

I could be perfectly happy alternating Personna and PPI (Russian) blades!!

However, B&B has made me curious to try many other interesting options.

A Razorock SLOC paired with a German Wilkinson Sword blade (day3) can produce a one pass DFS. Did need minor touch-up around the jaw - but will put it down to a minor change in technique (would give credit, but can't remember which thread I read about cross-hatching WTG strokes).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
For those who like to get a little more life out of a blade I have gone to a more aggressive razor for the last few shaves before the toss(experimenting-got the idea from a fellow who marathoned a Nacet blade over 100 shaves on you tube seems to maybe have some merit.)

Top Bottom