What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The plastic DE razor I bought in my teens, and used exclusively for a couple of decades, can still deliver a very comfortable damn fine shave.

- That Sv Felce lasts a long time because after trying to use up the last little bit has been proving tough. Moved the two thin quarter sized pieces from the mug to the shave bowl and glues it to the bottom with some CC North and have gotten 2 more shaves with what looks like at least 2 more yet. The soap that doesn't want to die.

- Also, that it seems like the older I have gotten the tougher the whiskers on my chin have gotten including the whiskers under my chin. The blade/razor works dang hard to get these cut but it seems to be pulling a lot more lately if I let them grow out to 4 days growth.

I was wrong in thinking my TFS Pinup Collection "Sera" soap was a poor performer. With my boar brush, it lathered up beautifully this morning and allowed the Red Tip with Astra SP blade to plane me off quite well.

My optimal combo is a mild/moderate razor with a sharp blade! (Definitely not original, but this is effective.)

Third DE shave two days ago, and noticing my technique getting much better with each passing shaving. Feeling a lot more confident with strokes. Trouble areas still around the chin and Adam's Apple (I seem to always get a cut around the latter).

Also, bowl technique for lathering is top notch. Tried if for the first time and the results were spectacular.

Third DE shave two days ago, and noticing my technique getting much better with each passing shaving. Feeling a lot more confident with strokes. Trouble areas still around the chin and Adam's Apple (I seem to always get a cut around the latter).

Also, bowl technique for lathering is top notch. Tried if for the first time and the results were spectacular.

A trick for shaving the skin that lies over the Adam's apple is to stretch that skin with your free hand until It's lying next to the bump, and shave it there. When you then let go, you have a whisker-free Adam's apple.

That if I add a little more eater to the boar brush and lather it a little on the Tabac shave stick itself, I get quite a bit of very good lather.

Top Bottom