What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Each razor I have is almost like a Personality and I have 24 of them in some kind of random rotation that give different shaves and some like to flaunt their beauty and others basically take me or leave me alone and others are hard at work trying to get some attention & some of them bite the little rascals. I might have to get some new personalities for the ones who like to bite.:lol::lol::jump:

Ron R

I'm still learning shaving, watched this fellow get over 100 shaves on a marathon with a Nacet blade.
The one thing that came out of his conclusion on that exercise was to go to a more aggressive razor characteristics that give greater positive blade exposure as the razor was losing it's sharpness.
So this morning I popped a Personna red(6 shave) into my 1930's NEW long comb and had a very enjoyable shave. The blade had the feel of a blade on #2 or 3 shave (Sweet zone for myself). Might start experimenting near the later life of a blade is go aggressive.

The baby smooth is very tough to get a pain-free shave. I'm guessing it's the angle needed due to the curvature. Gah... Ouch. [emoji3525]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

The baby smooth is very tough to get a pain-free shave. I'm guessing it's the angle needed due to the curvature. Gah... Ouch. [emoji3525]

I have a RR Wunderbar that has a greater curved head more than other slants and found I have to shave more steep or riding the bar to get the shave I want with a Personna red blade.
Razor angle 2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't overshave a blade. This is the cheapest part of shaving so don't let it ruin the whole experience.
If needed I'm tossing it after 1-2 shaves even.

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

I have found the first shave on a blade is not the best . I would say the second time as better. Have heard others say the same thing. Don’t think anyone is going to use a blade once it starts pulling. I try to get the most useful life out of each blade , but not to the point of discomfort.Blades are cheap , but I hate wastefulness in anything. Just my upbringing I would say.

I have a RR Wunderbar that has a greater curved head more than other slants and found I have to shave more steep or riding the bar to get the shave I want with a Personna red blade.
View attachment 929688
I have been riding just off the cap on previous recommendations. I will give riding the bar a try. Can't hurt any more than it already does, lol.

Thanks!

View attachment 929688
Shaved with the same today, but used the steep instead of shallow... Seems much better. No real pain or burn afterwards. If I get the same good results for the next few shaves, I declare that you are a genius. Lol.

Seriously, thanks for the info. I have been literally shaving at a very shallow angle with this razor for some time... Couldn't figure out the problem, as I was specifically told I needed to ride close to the cap.

Hope this in fact has cured me of the razor burn. Thanks again!

Ron R

Shaved with the same today, but used the steep instead of shallow... Seems much better. No real pain or burn afterwards. If I get the same good results for the next few shaves, I declare that you are a genius. Lol.

Seriously, thanks for the info. I have been literally shaving at a very shallow angle with this razor for some time... Couldn't figure out the problem, as I was specifically told I needed to ride close to the cap.

Hope this in fact has cured me of the razor burn. Thanks again!

Thanks for compliment, I just returned the favor like some others have helped myself along the way more than likely having great shaves, that is the beauty of this forum helping if possible.

Top Bottom