What's new

Tony Miller Latigo Strop Pass Around

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Okay, unless someone else steps in to go on the list in the next day or so it is not Give Away Time ! Like last time I will collect names for a week of anyone who was part of the Pass Around and at the end will post them all in one post and then do a rando drawing to determine the winner.

Either PM me or post to this thread if you were on the Pass Around list and wish to have a chance to own the Latigo Strop.

Glad everyone had fun with this and maybe I will come up with something else to send around.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Same here, don't count me in. I got lots of strops. Let it go to someone who needs it more than me.

Great passaround, though. Very generous, Tony, and the final PIF, too. You got my vote.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
This Friday I will put together the list of everyone who was on the pass around, minus those who asked to be excluded from the drawing, assign a number then use a random number generator to pick a winner.

Might do another one of these Pass Arounds in the spring but may be easier once the mail delays settle down. Maybe a Roughout Horsehide for the next one so guys can see what a heavy draw strop feels like.

I wanted to throw my name in the hat, but seems like maybe I read something about an experience level? I only have a cheap amazon strop. Only ever used the one. But I have been using it daily for IDK.... a year maybe and never cut it. But as soon as I try a pass around that will be the time I do something stupid LOL. I am really wanting to try a "real strop" and had decided to just buy a "tony miller" as I hear so much about them. Found the website... out of stock. Just my luck haha.

Anyway, if I have not bought one by the time the second pass around develops, and I am feeling confident, perhaps I will get in on that one. As long as I meet the requirements, of course.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I wanted to throw my name in the hat, but seems like maybe I read something about an experience level? I only have a cheap amazon strop. Only ever used the one. But I have been using it daily for IDK.... a year maybe and never cut it. But as soon as I try a pass around that will be the time I do something stupid LOL. I am really wanting to try a "real strop" and had decided to just buy a "tony miller" as I hear so much about them. Found the website... out of stock. Just my luck haha.

Anyway, if I have not bought one by the time the second pass around develops, and I am feeling confident, perhaps I will get in on that one. As long as I meet the requirements, of course.

We have never set a skill level to be part of the pass around. I send a "Plain" version so not the end of the world if it gets damaged.

Sorry about the out of stock but I am nursing a bad back this week but should be back in the shop next week and stock will be available.

Silly line time: Me "I have a weak back", Doc "When did you get that?", Me, "Oh, about a week back" :lol: I'll be here all week guys and don't forget to tip your waitresses....

We have never set a skill level to be part of the pass around. I send a "Plain" version so not the end of the world if it gets damaged.

Sorry about the out of stock but I am nursing a bad back this week but should be back in the shop next week and stock will be available.

Silly line time: Me "I have a weak back", Doc "When did you get that?", Me, "Oh, about a week back" :lol: I'll be here all week guys and don't forget to tip your waitresses....
No worries. I figure it is a good sign that you make a quality product. And I am not in a hurry anyway. I have all I need....just never seem to have all I want lol

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Okay, here is where the Pass Around, now Give Away stands. The following names are left on the list with @Acmemfg, @RumpleBearskin, @Slash McCoy and @life2short1971 passing on the giveaway part.
A few guys passed the Pass Around part when life got in the way but not sure if they want to be part of the Give Away at this time. @Surhim21 did win last time so maybe it would be fair to let somone else have a chance this time.

Let me know if this looks good and if so I will assign each a number and do a random drawing.

@Doug57
@joamo
@HVenture138
@Jsanchez
@GreazyThumbs
@MilkCrate
@Ky K
@temjeito
@FredGeorge
@Suhrim21

Last edited:
"Roughout" pass around? Grand idea. As a TM Roughout strop owner for some time now, I can safely say that (in my opinion) it is the best strop Mr. Miller makes. If you want slick and glassy, this is NOT for you. The draw is firm and deliberate, easy to control, and quite pleasing from a tactile perspective. It works well on all my razors (from extra hollow to quarter hollow) but truly shines on the more heavily ground blades...like my 7/8 Hart Steel to name just one. Should one come up for a pass-around, it may be worth your while to give it a try.😉

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
"Roughout" pass around? Grand idea. As a TM Roughout strop owner for some time now, I can safely say that (in my opinion) it is the best strop Mr. Miller makes. If you want slick and glassy, this is NOT for you. The draw is firm and deliberate, easy to control, and quite pleasing from a tactile perspective. It works well on all my razors (from extra hollow to quarter hollow) but truly shines on the more heavily ground blades...like my 7/8 Hart Steel to name just one. Should one come up for a pass-around, it may be worth your while to give it a try.😉

Thanks! You may have the Steerhide Roughout which is a bit softer than the Horsehide version. Might be cool to get in on that Pass Around if so you can compare the differences.

Top Bottom