What's new

Tony Miller Latigo Strop Pass Around

Glad to see the strop is still moving around and giving those interested a chance to try some thing new.

So the strop is off to the next gentleman.

As for my take on the strop in question

Build: excellent, as expected. Not much else to say. It’s as well made as any strop you’ll find.

Leather: it was always surprising to use as I would always expect it to have more draw than it did. It’s unlike any other Latigo I’ve used though it was still durable.

Second: flax linen that is nice. Let me qualify this by saying I have only used a few other pieces of flax linen but I think one might call it “light weight”

Form: as has been mentioned before the surface is convex to help resist cupping with the 3 inch model.

Conclusion: very nice all round strop.
I think if I were to buy one I would go for a 2.5 inch with barber ends so as to avoid the potential for cupping and because barber ends are my favorite.

Thanks for this opertunity Tony! I’m sure everyone else is enjoying this as much as I have.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Im sure it is but postal delays have caused lots of issues, at one point i believe the original one was lost and @Tony Miller replaced it.

Yes, the original was stolen from a mailbox and a new one is making the rounds. With the current state of the USPS it can take weeks between recipients. Had an incoming package sit 10 days at my local PO waiting on delivery to my house.

I was the last to send it off into the world of USPS and can confirm that it is currently “ moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”

There haven’t been any updates for a bit so I thought I’d chime in.

@Jsanchez the strop is still slowly working its way towards you. If anybody wants follow along at home
please enjoy this enthralling tracking number

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
There haven’t been any updates for a bit so I thought I’d chime in.

@Jsanchez the strop is still slowly working its way towards you. If anybody wants follow along at home
please enjoy this enthralling tracking number

Good grief, that thing has been with USPS for 21 days and still shows now real location. Mail has been terribly slow since early summer and only seems to be getting worse now. I have incoming packages all well over a week old, some 2 weeks and with few update.

I hope this second strop is not lost as well :confused1

Reactions: LJS
Good grief, that thing has been with USPS for 21 days and still shows now real location. Mail has been terribly slow since early summer and only seems to be getting worse now. I have incoming packages all well over a week old, some 2 weeks and with few update.

I hope this second strop is not lost as well :confused1
The strop has not been lost to the mail. I received it on Saturday from USPS. I have also messaged the next in line for their address that way I can get it back in the mail and off to the next member this Tuesday. I will post my thoughts and comparisons when I have a bit more time tomorrow.

All this year roughly 10% of packages have been getting held up due to shipping crates being stashed by USPS due to not having sufficient time/staff to sort and deliver them. They sit 1-3 weeks at a single location until they find time to open and sort them. Certain regions are known to be the worst (Chicago I've heard it's almost 100% of shipments this happens to). Since the election this has gotten even worse than it was before and it seems more like 15-25% are getting stuck in these black holes. Expect a sizable amount of USPS packages to vanish and not get scanned or moved for weeks at a time until the Postmaster General is fired and replaced.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
The strop has not been lost to the mail. I received it on Saturday from USPS. I have also messaged the next in line for their address that way I can get it back in the mail and off to the next member this Tuesday. I will post my thoughts and comparisons when I have a bit more time tomorrow.

Great! I was just going by the tracking number in your post which has not updated for ages.

Top Bottom