What's new

Tiny Brush Owners Club: TBOC

I have an Omega 10086 on the way that I'll post about when it gets here.. 20-75 days after it left Maggard, lol. Yay for shipping to Canada!

Can someone confirm that Shavemac is no longer selling knots under 20mm according to their customized configurator line?
'Fraid so. :crying:
Just checked and that would appear to be the case. If so, a real bummer.
They're also not doing any more custom jobs at the moment (due to staff/covid problems).

Hopefully, if their staff problems clear, they might revert to "normal." With you, I live in hope. :thumbsup:
Good news! After a few recent emails with Bernd... I have a 14mm knot brush being made. :punk:

You best get typing @Alum of Potash. :wink2:

Received my Omega 10086 yesterday and had my first shave with it. Nice to have a boar in my den again. It's been about 5 years since the last one (a B&B LE model) was lost in a fire. Can't wait to see how this one develops as it breaks in.

The Postman arrived today with my latest tiny:
555-Shavemac-14-42-D01-2-Band-1_2021-12-04.jpg

So of course I measured it up then prepared it for this evening's shave:
555-Shavemac-14-42-D01-2-Band-2_2021-12-04.jpg

For size reference here it is with some friends:
555-Shavemac-14-42-D01-2-Band-3_2021-12-04.jpg

Left to right: Simpson "Wee Scot" 13/39, Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42, Shavemac 20/46, Omega 10065 24/55.

SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-K_2021-12-04.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (4)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

This wee brush is THE BEST... and that's on its first use, so it can only get better!

I've been playing around with different Shavemac hair, knot diameters, and lofts for a while now... working towards the "perfect brush" for me, and at last it's arrived. It has brilliant flow-through (a lather monster), excellent backbone, luxurious tips, an ergonomic handle, and, being the size it is I can reach every nook and cranny easily (not to mention accurately).
Three cheers to Bernd and his team for making the superb
Bavarian-Flag-50.jpg
"Kleiner Bayer."

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Last edited:
TBOC SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-G_2021-12-09.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (8)
ASL: Clubman Whiskey Woods

A good shave. :biggrin:

I humbly submit for membership with an Omega Mixed Midget. Sits in my travel kit.

attachment.php
I have the same brush, Omega 11047 and would like to join too. But the knot is 22mm according to my measurement. So unless my device is not in order, did they change the knot size? I bought the brush recently. But even in reviews from 10 years ago it says 20mm knot. Which is closer to what I measure. And in a review from 2016 is it measured to be 22x47mm. Which is exactly what I measure, too.

Last edited:
It was decided a while back that Tiny Brush Knots are less than 18mm (see THIS POST for brush knot dimensions).
I have the same brush, Omega 11047 and would like to join too. But the knot is 22mm according to my measurement. So unless my device is not in order, did they change the knot size?
Omega are famous for not providing their brushes knot sizes, so most suppliers measure the knot at the handle top. The actual knot size (diameter) is that of the glue disc (shown HERE), but the knot size at the opening (handle top) is generally 1mm to 2mm bigger (explanation HERE).
I bought the brush recently. But even in reviews from 10 years ago it says 20mm knot. Which is closer to what I measure. And in a review from 2016 is it measured to be 22x47mm. Which is exactly what I measure, too.
Bear in mind that most knots and brushes are assembled by hand... so knot and (particularly) loft sizes will vary.

Here's a couple of my Tinies along with my Small Omega 11047 Mixed Midget:
2-Tinies+Mixed-Midget_2021-12-11.jpg

1639230735453.png

I hope that helps... and you NEED to get a smaller brush to join. :wink2:

It was decided a while back that Tiny Brush Knots are less than 18mm (see THIS POST for brush knot dimensions).

Omega are famous for not providing their brushes knot sizes, so most suppliers measure the knot at the handle top. The actual knot size (diameter) is that of the glue disc (shown HERE), but the knot size at the opening (handle top) is generally 1mm to 2mm bigger (explanation HERE).

Bear in mind that most knots and brushes are assembled by hand... so knot and (particularly) loft sizes will vary.

Here's a couple of my Tinies along with my Small Omega 11047 Mixed Midget:
View attachment 1376497
View attachment 1376498

I hope that helps... and you NEED to get a smaller brush to join. :wink2:
Yes it does. I understood I would not qualify, but as people were accepted with this brush, I decided to ask. But this is the smallest brush I like, so for me it ends here ;-)

Reactions: Cal
I received my 18mm travel synthetic from Maggards today, so naturally I had to shave with it!

It's my first synthetic brush and damn, it sure seems to be a nice one. I fed it some Tabac and it whipped up an excellent lather with minimal effort.

I'll post a pic of my tiny trio when I get back home.

As promised.
20211216_004156.jpg

Wee Scot 13/38, Omega 10086 "Bigger Bambino" 18/42, Maggard's Travel Synthetic 18/?? (Not listed, but looks like around 39 or 40mm)

Last edited:
Wee Scot 13/38, Omega 10086 "Bigger Bambino" 18/42, Maggard's Travel Synthetic 18/?? (Not listed, but looks like around 39 or 40mm)

Got out my calipers today and only the knot sizes actually match up to what the manufacturers say, lol.

Wee Scot: loft 39mm, handle 31mm, overall 70mm
Omega 10086: loft 46mm, handle 42mm, overall 88mm
Maggards: loft 42mm, handle 37mm, overall 79mm

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-Y_2021-12-30.jpg

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
As good as the Aleppo 50% (without brush) was, I was missing my brush and lather (no magic). :sorcerer:

TBOC Hogmanay SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-G_2021-12-31.jpg

Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)

A super shave. :biggrin:
I love this team.

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-W_2022-01-17.jpg

Blade: Personna Red (4)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

A very nice shave. :biggrin:
That was my 20th shave with the Kleiner Bayer, which has now been promoted to my top favorite brush. :clap:

Early/getting-to-know-you lathers with the Kleiner Bayer were somewhat over-plentiful and I was using ~1g of soap per shave. Now that we've got to know each other a little better I'm getting near perfect, and still plentiful, lathers (consuming a massive 0.2g per shave). At that rate, I have ~600 shaves-worth left in my tub... and then ~4,500 further shaves-worth in the brick, tucked away in a corner of the fridge. :lol1:
It's fortunate that I really love Vitos Red. :letterk1:

TBOC SOTD
1933-SOTD-O_2022-05-28.jpg

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1933 7 o'clock FBOC GT
Blade: King C. Gillette (7)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:
I treated my 7 o'clock to its refurbished (better than new) cap. There's nothing wrong with the baseplate but now I want that replated too! I think I have SAD (Shiny Acquisition Disorder :001_rolle).

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-BRG-P_2022-07-15.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 16/47 Silvertip D01
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette Rubie (8)

A superb shave. :biggrin:

My BRG plated FBT just pushed my NEW RFB off the Number One spot they were sharing… the BRG work and plating has definitely made it "better than new."
After a long rest my tiny butterscotch D01 was fab (feather soft but with good backbone, and a lather monster to boot).

Top Bottom