What's new

๐Ÿ’ˆ๐Ÿช’ SOTD - โ€œSize Mattersโ€ Theme Week - March 4th to March 10th, 2024 ๐Ÿ’ˆ๐Ÿช’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, March 9th 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant DE Razor with a Yaqi handle. Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range. Excellent machining with great finish QC for my shaving . I usually use a Kai SS blade but this morning changed it up with a fresh Gillette Perma-sharp blade. This is a great daily driver with a standard Gillette blade IMO with comfort and performance. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(1) sharp and smoooth with great longevity. Top tier of 6 in my shave den.
Soap : Martin De Candre original sample, mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities! First use of this soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka express" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :
Dial 10 stellar.jpg
or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS slant razor with a Perma-sharp blade. Very rewarding shave with no issues, does not get much better a shave than this to start the day off.
SOTD March 9 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sunday, March 10th 2024

Razor : Yaqi chrome Mercury razor head with a RR UFO handle. Mfg 2022>, mild range. Well designed and built DE razor that I enjoy using some days for a nice change. Very affordable also for folks who are budgeted for inexpensive shaving needs . Had a close comfortable shave this morning
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(2) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Martin De Candre original sample, very mild scented hard soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush :Yaqi "Cola" 22mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor with a Perma-sharp blade.
SOTD March 10 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
March 10, 2024 Sunday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Omega 10066 boar (83)
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

The "size matters" portion of my shave was the tiny Omega 10066 boar brush. It's a winner!
This three pass shave of 48 hours of stubble was a delight. Every item used performed perfectly.
The shave was super close, with no weepers, etc. and no irritation. Most pleasant!

Enjoy your day!

SODT03_10_24.jpg
ย 
Sunday Morning Celebration

Second time using the Enders Speed and I'm finding the angle a bit better. I also moved the blade out a smidge and it made a huge difference. When you're fiddling in an Injector blade into one of these getting the exposure correct is tricky.

Enders Speed Razor
Personna SS Injector Blade (2X)
Long Handled Boar Brush
Ariana & Evans Peach and Cognac Mix
Citrus Musk Splash On

Varon Dandy Aftershave Spritz

IMG_0179-compressed.jpeg
ย 
20240309_084613.jpg

Razor: Schick E3 Canadian, Eversharp, Nickled with black handle
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector
Brush: Paladin Eldorado Graphite
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Grafton
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
ย 
Saturday, March 9, 2024.

Geo F Trumper Skin Food Santal pre shave. Carthusia: Uomo shaving soap in olive wood bowl; silvertip badger shaving brush with olive wood handle; aftershave balm & 1681 EdC. Antonio Pedrosa, carbon steel C52100, 9/8, fighting bull (toro de lรญdia) scales.
IMG_6941.jpeg
ย 
Sunday, March 10, 2024.

Floรฏd oil. Wholly Kaw, cuero oscuro Soap & after shave toner. Simpson, Berkeley 46, Centenary edition, Sovereign fiber. Carl Friedrich Ern, ERN, Crown & Sword, 32, 6/8, extra hollow ground, tortoishe scales,. Wald Solingen. Zara, Vibrant leather, EdT.
IMG_6950.jpeg
ย 
4AF0C83E-5E1E-4C7A-A19D-CA2DAEC5FA35.jpeg

Razor - Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Lvl 2 Brass Stinger
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush - Alpha Brass Outlaw w/ Oumo Tyrant T-1 knot
Soap - Zingari Man โ€œThe Traditionalistโ€

The CG G1 L2 performs just as good as it looks. Slight less blade feel and aggression than the G1 L3, but still efficient. Weight and balance of the handle are perfect. The honeycomb shapes provide a lot of grip without being aggressive on the hand. The T-1 knot in this brush is very dense and feels like a wall of badger hair on the face. Made quick work of the soap and was a lather master. The scent of this soap is that of the traditional barbershop scent. The soap doesnโ€™t need a lot of water and can easily over hydrate if too much water is added. It performed well. 5 โญ๏ธ shave.
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.