:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: 1933 7o'clock FBOC GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (14)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A superb shave. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I have adopted this Wee Scot. Can anyone tell me if it is a “Butterscotch Wee Scot 2” or a normal “Wee Scot 2” that has aged a little (or been aged)? It is definitely too big to be a “Nano”.
Thanks
5B9994DE-6599-4DDA-92C0-ED689EC148A8.png
23EBD19B-C1D3-423F-88F2-F82D027AB99B.png

Attachments

• 7680AAC6-2A13-4FD0-A9F8-BD36A86AE0A0.png
    7680AAC6-2A13-4FD0-A9F8-BD36A86AE0A0.png
    950.7 KB · Views: 3
TBOC SOTD
1945-No26-FBT-SOTD-G_2022-10-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1945 Gillette No 26 Set FBT GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (6)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

My new (1945) Gillette No 26 Set FBT GT has just been promoted to top SB favorite, and has taken the Number One position on my SB podium. :w00t:

I got the shave count on my Wee Scot up to 34 yesterday. It's still pretty scritchy. The little butterscotch Shavemac D01 has dreamlike down soft tips with good backbone, so I'll treat myself to this luxury for a while before returning to the Wee Scot let's-kill-the-scritch job.

The reason I've been ignoring my Canada shaving soap lately is due to a couple of things, namely:
  • It's hard to get hold of in the UK. Neither the maker nor Amazon.ca will ship it to the UK. My only luck was with Amazon.com which cost me 48 USD (including shipping) in May this year.
  • Having read through the maker's website (when I was initially trying to get the soap), the owner struck me as a big headed git.
Apart from the above I do have to admit that it's great soap. Also, I should soften my attitude up a bit. I guess the guy is aiming to be helpful to traditional shaving newbies (so he's probably fine and I'm the one with the problem :letterk1:).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Absolutely! :cornut:

Just make sure their knot sizes qualify:
<18mm = Tiny
18mm to 22mm = Small
23mm to 27mm = Medium
>27mm = Large

NB
That's the actual knot diameter, not its diameter at the top of the handle (which is usually about 2mm bigger).
I have a question. My daughter bought me a Simpsons Special 1 in pure. This one is stated by Simpsons to be 18mm (above the handle). Would this one qualify, as the actual knot size would be less than 18?

I have two wee scots, I use one on a regular basis at home, the other , I keep in a travel kit . My wife and I returned from Curaçao last night . I used the wee scot , a stick of Palmolive, and a 56 red tip super speed for my shaves during the week .
329255C9-6FBE-457D-91A7-67C9CBCF0B3E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Cal
I have a question. My daughter bought me a Simpsons Special 1 in pure. This one is stated by Simpsons to be 18mm (above the handle). Would this one qualify, as the actual knot size would be less than 18?
:hand: Nope. Simpsons give the actual knot size. So if you measure it with calipers at the handle top it will likely be ~20mm.

As an example, the Wee Scot knot size is 13mm (as given by Simpsons). Mine measures 15mm at the handle top.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_4601.png
RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium AC Razor from Boti Brush
BLADE: Feather Professional
BRUSH: Vtg. brush w/Boti custom order 16mm silver tip knot
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap
This tiny brush whips up, holds, and releases a lot of lather.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 1555138

Just got this little guy a few hours ago, Mix of boar and badger, gonna break her in later :)

Nice Midget. One of the first small brushes I ever owned. Worked good for a long while until I decided to clean it. If I remember correctly, I cleaned it using apple cider vinegar mixed in water to clean it of mineral deposits from hard water. I think I even put hair conditioner in it.

That was quite a few years ago; and the lathers with it have all been weak and flat ever since. I ruined it somehow, just don’t know how I did since many others clean their brushes the same way.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
22mm is the smallest I seen. I don’t know if anyone makes a 20mm?

22mm is the smallest I seen. I don’t know if anyone makes a 20mm?
These knot come in 20mm, some as small as 18mm:
Boti Brush 2022 New Tuxedo Ceiling Thick Hair 5th Handmade Synthetic Hair Knot
Boti Brush-Pro Synthetic Hair Knot 3 Color Imitate Badger Hair Bulb Type Class B
Boti Brush-Handmade The Newest 3 Color Synthetic Hair Knot Fan Shape

Top Bottom