What's new

Tiny Brush Owners Club: TBOC

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My daily brush is the Simpson Special and now and then I will use my Wee Scot!
Two wonderfully small workhorse brushes!

I'd like to apply for membership. This was originally a very cheap boar brush that my wife had personalized for me. After the boar fell out, I replaced it with a 16mm Silvertip Grade A from TGN, and I have weighted the handle with 28g of tungsten putty. Love this little guy, definitely my favorite brush!

View attachment 596001

I'd like to apply for membership. This was originally a very cheap boar brush that my wife had personalized for me. After the boar fell out, I replaced it with a 16mm Silvertip Grade A from TGN, and I have weighted the handle with 28g of tungsten putty. Love this little guy, definitely my favorite brush!

View attachment 596001

Welcome to the club and nice beautiful brush.

Fun looking pics guys. I've had a size 20 synthetic knot from TGN for several months now just waiting for the handle I'm going to put it in. Once I finally acquire it and make it, I'd love to join your club. Until then, I'll pop in every so often for a small look around :001_smile

One bit of clarification, I didn't happen to see if there is a size requirement to join the TBOC, like a "if you're above this line, you can't go on the ride" kind of a thing. What would you guys say is the biggest "tiny" brush?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
One bit of clarification, I didn't happen to see if there is a size requirement to join the TBOC, like a "if you're above this line, you can't go on the ride" kind of a thing. What would you guys say is the biggest "tiny" brush?

I don't think anyone here is too picky, but in my opinion a small brush is, I guess, maybe 20mm and down. Depends on the look to me, I've seen some 19mm brushes that don't seem small.

I don't think anyone here is too picky, but in my opinion a small brush is, I guess, maybe 20mm and down. Depends on the look to me, I've seen some 19mm brushes that don't seem small.

What he said. And show us a picture of the brush when it's finished.

I humbly submit for membership with an Omega Mixed Midget. Sits in my travel kit.

attachment.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That'll get you in!

I humbly submit for membership with an Omega Mixed Midget. Sits in my travel kit.

Mine (was a boar) now has a badger bulb knot stuck in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice.

They're great little brushes. With a puck of MWF in the Ziplock, I can load and lather on top of the puck very nicely with them.

Okay, finally got around to making some pics. I've always liked small brushes! Not all of these are tiny, but they're all at the small end.

$IMG_0474 - cropped and reduced.jpg

L to R:

Omega 40033 (24/50) O-rings because the handle is painful to use. For Travel.
Simpson Berkeley in Best (20/45)
Semogue 1460 (21/50)
Omega 40033 (24/50) in WD handle
WD Silvertip (22/50)
Fine Angel Hair (20/56)

For those interested, I put two Omegas into WD handles, a 40033 (24/50) and a 10066 (24/56). I love the Omega knots but the handles, not so much. The WD handles have a nice heft to them. Both are in 22mm handles drilled out to fit. The black bands are the little black cups Omega glues their knots into.

$IMG_0476 - cropped and reduced.jpg

The following are considered medium-size brushes by most at B&B. To me they're the big guns, useful when I want to get lather all over everything, up my nose, in my ears, etc.

$IMG_0477 - cropped and reduced.jpg

L to R

Omega 10066 in WD handle (24/56)
WD boar (24/65)
Semogue 1305 (22/55)

Carry on.

Top Bottom